Will i be killing my gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i be killing my gearbox

basically i'm running in my CA 36C with these upgrades and want to know if it could deal with running a 11.1 volt lipo battery in it, and also what sort of r.o.f this would offer instead of using an 8.4 and any potential bad things that could happen with using it?

systema spring guide with bearing
    systema duracon piston head
    guarder sp110
    edgi tightbore
    hard hop bucking
    mosfet
    everything else stock

cheers guys

Re: Will i be killing my gearbox

i hope you're not running an automatic aeg with an sp110, that'd be just dreadful. anyone who did that would be a terrible person...

Comment

He plays at spec ops, sp110 is fairly low for there. A fairly large FPS spring and a large voltage could be risky, if you only shoot semi then you might be able to get away with it.

Comment

lol, i was just messing, i play at spec ops with him. so i know i appreciate your less uptight approach, i was joking earlier that he'd get abused for it. i've been shot plenty of times with people using systemas at 425 and not complained once.

Comment

aha yeah, most people run blue cylinder systemas, so ill still be running fairly slow compared to other people. i only really use up to 3 round burst, space isnt too much of an issue as i have a large type hand guard, do they yeild much more of an advantage over a 9.6v nimh

cheers

Comment

Yay, illegal guns!

Bet you feel big when they ban airsoft full stop.

Comment

dude that isn't constructive at all, it hasn't even been chrono'd yet. m110's are only about 350 fps anyway. And i can almost certainly say if my gun runs 10 fps above a site limit it isn't going to ban airsoft. And if it is over limits then obviously i'm going to get it down to a M100 instead. Could you not go pester children buying guns ( which actually is breaking the law) instead of making petty comments about how my gun might be illegal.

Comment

sorry 10.89fps above limits

Comment

I seem to remember him getting a temporary ban for doing just that!

Seriously, be careful taking an AEG over the legal limit. Single shots are ok, but full auto or burst fire and you're looking at a section 5 firearm without a firearms certificate.
                  sigpic

Comment

M110s rarely run around 350fps, certainly not Guarders, hell the SP100 i had averaged 391fps on stock TM airseals and barrel, the SP110 was around 415fps IIRC.
                    The Madbull M110 i have in my SG552 is only just legal, and thats with a 14 tooth piston and AoE corrections.
                    Either way, you should be heading for 25rps+ with the stock motor and that spring, obviously the drain rate of the battery would have the biggest impact here.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

yay, flaming ells. dude, i think you're generally pretty bad at stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                        M110s rarely run around 350fps, certainly not Guarders, hell the SP100 i had averaged 391fps on stock TM airseals and barrel, the SP110 was around 415fps IIRC.
                        The Madbull M110 i have in my SG552 is only just legal, and thats with a 14 tooth piston and AoE corrections.
                        Either way, you should be heading for 25rps+ with the stock motor and that spring, obviously the drain rate of the battery would have the biggest impact here.
                        i dont even want it that high aha. sorry for making you do calculations for me but what(ish) would be the fps just running on a ********* **** 9.6v nimh?
                        cheers
                        Last edited by Rampage; 28 September, 2009, 21:35.

Comment

A battery has exactly nil effect on the FPS.

The battery powers the motor which moves gears pulling back the piston to a certain point, and then releasing it. The speed the piston is then sent back forward is totally to do with how powerful that spring is.

Comment

meant rps

Comment

Then that depends what spring you have. Softer the spring, quicker it goes back :D (Well until a point, where then the piston don't come forward quick enough and gets hit by the gear teeth on the way round, lol).

I'd recommend a 8.4v battery, but with a G&P M120 motor and MOSFET. With a element M105 I am getting 22/sec and 348fps on .20 BB's!
                              Last edited by jagillham; 28 September, 2009, 19:02.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ells Find out more about Ells
                              Working...
                              X