Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 Gearbox help

hi,

my gearbox died a couple of months ago and dont know how or why , i recieved it after a friend putting in some new parts in and tried test firing it then it screeched and died,i havnt a clue whats gone on so im asking for some ones help so i can post it off to them and fix it for me, i will pay for postage on return via pay pal and will pay according to fixtures, if your thinking,send it off to your friend well i cant as he is away for a few weeks/months, also i need a spade connector replacing

Thank you for your time

Kayle
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Parky
    Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Re: V2 Gearbox help

First, when you say the moto dies, does that mean nothing happens when you pull the trigger? Or do you still feel that the moto actually term a little but on able to go through a complete cycle? For the former case, congrats, I can't help (motor damage), for the latter, are you using a strong spring? (M110+), if not, then the gear box was assembled incorrectly, follow the guide on Mechbox step by step! pay attention to the details.

Just buy a near gear box, they can be found on lots of HK web site. Fixing it might cost more

Comment

sorry its not the motor thats damaged that works fine its the gearbox ,ive tested the motor on other GB's
      sigpic
      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

You opened it up? Sounds like your gear or piston teeth have stripped.

What is the complete set up you are running? You might need stronger parts depending on what the set up is.

Comment

no way , i wouldnt open it up lol, im sure the gears are either classic army or tm, ill have to ask my friend asap

thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            What is the complete set up you are running?
            OK, but what:

Motor:
            Battery Voltage:
            Piston:

Basically is it stock, or had it had upgrades of any type?

Comment

sorry lol its a classic army Hi torque motor 8.4 V and i think its the element silent piston set
              sigpic

Comment

What was the issue with it last time it died and your friend put in new parts?

I'm assuming from what you said before, that it was the same issue, which required the piston and gears to be changed. (You said the piston is Element and gears are either TM or CA - suggesting they both been replaced!)

If so, then you probably need to be looking elsewhere for the problem. The gear/piston damage is probably a sympton rather than the cause.

Is the front of the gearbox cracked at all?
                Is it possible the motor was mis aligned?

Comment

to be honest im not sure lol, i think the motor was mis aligned im getting another friend to look at it tonight
                  sigpic

Comment

How techy is you friend? Because if they not top notch I'd consider sending it to a shop. A new piston/gears is going to set you back near enough £50 a time, lol.

Comment

hes good at what he does , i wouldnt not send send him anything, if i ever have a problem i go to him, my brother has admitting to messing around with my gun so may of been him , bloody kids
                      sigpic

Comment

this gb has been a pig of a box since i first worked on it :S its a jg gb the things that have gone wrong so far :
                        switch fried
                        spur gear shredded
                        sector gear shaft oversized and off center
                        selector plate had a chunk missing ( meaning auto only )
                        cut off lever worn and not working
                        wiring worn in places
                        new spring
                        piston
                        piston head

lol not much left of the jg

given kayle a pm so i can sort this gb once an for all got a nice unused ca gb shell and and what is left from a g&p gb
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teufelhunden Find out more about Teufelhunden
                        Working...
                        X