-madbull 6.03mm tightbore
    -g&p metal hop unit with systema rubber and element h nub
    -modify m95 spring

stock parts are:
    -gearbox casing
    -cylinder
    -gears
    -motor

(sorry if i've missed anything off the list, i can tell you what it is if you're actually interested and ask)

not the highest priced kit but when it's working i get good enough groupings to hit a target with a short burst at about 55m which, considering i've not spent more than 200 on all this i'm quite pleased with.

my question is, if i was to put in a more powerful spring has anyone experienced jg gears stripping?

before people say, yes i will be staying legal but i'm in the low 300s at the minute and i noticed a decent range increase from this spring over the very low powered one that was in there to start with, and it would be nice if i could see the same again.

my thinking is that jg guns shipped to america i've seen chrono'd at 450 in youtube reviews, surely the stock parts should be able to take these stresses no problem? at the least i'm just hoping they won't damage the rest of the gearbox if they break and i can just give it a clean and put in something a bit more up to the task.

thanks guys.

Re: jg stock gears

I'd be more inclined to tell you that your piston and piston head will go way before your gears.

Comment

really? i'd heard the softer top on the silent piston and cylinder heads reduces the force enough to make them last on surprisingly high stresses? a valid point though, thanks.

Comment

The element pistons are poor at best. I wouldn't trust one over a stock JG. The bearing piston heads by element also have their problems. I.E as it's a bearing piston head and not a very well made one, the stress of it hitting the cylinder head will make it crack. It should be fine up to 380 with a stock speed setup. Any bigger fps than that and you'd really be wanting high torque gears, and a decent vented piston head with good quality piston.

Comment

well i have no intention of going over 380 tbh. i'm poor these days and don't have the money to spare on things when a cheaper version will do. i see your point but i'm not going for a massive rof and the fps will stay at around 350 so i guess i should be ok then?

thanks for your input.

Comment

Well you have a madbull 6.03mm tightbore, so a 1 joule spring should put you around the 350 mark. An m100 would likely put you over that mark, which is therefore deemed not useable at sites that follow the law.

Comment

i haven't chronoed it recently but i'm pretty sure i'm not shooting at much over 300 at the minute. if another 15 or so fps is actually going to push me over then i won't go through with the upgrade, i was just trying to see if someone with more experience than me thought my set up could take it. i will be careful because i don't want it to be illegal, as i stated originally. i will be chronoing it again before i do anything else, don't worry.

thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mark1989 Find out more about mark1989
              Working...
              X