easy work poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy work poll

just curious after a drunken chat\argument in the pub. which gearbox people find easyest to work on and why.
    V1
    0.00%
    V2
    43.33%
    V3
    23.33%
    V6
    20.00%
    other
    13.33%

The poll is expired.

Re: easy work poll

easy.. New version 2 as it has no back and no spring tension. The trigger is held down with with a clip and the anti reverse latch stays where it should do.
    You can check pinon hieght with the many holes around that area, big open area to release anti reverse latch not that you need to and tappet plate spring inserts from the side after the shells closed as does the main spring from the rear. you can also check the pistons free moving and not clamped down on the runners too.

And once youve done the first spring change after that you only need to remove the stock tube to access the spring and change.

pain less...................

Comment

Agree with the above, once you figure out the bolt catch lol, old v2 make me sick!
      sigpic

Comment

A v6 gearbox is so easy for me as it has an external trigger mech.

Comment

I agree with Richardy, new v2 is great for tech minded ppl, unless you like struggling to keep the reverse latch in place while putting it back together on the old v2's.

Comment

Its got to be the A&K M249/M60 gearbox
            external trigger switch, no selector ,no cut off. Just a shell with 3 gears and a anti-reverse latch. The spring and piston go in AFTER the gearbox is installed in the gun

Comment

New version 2 sounds great, havent come across it yet. As above A&K M249/M60 gearbox are very easy, but I do like the version 3 as you can attach the motor without having to mess around with placing the grip on than the motor as with the version 2 to test all the gears and trigger contacts are working fine.
              Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

I might be tempted to do my socom myself next time anything goes wrong. Bump that fps back up to 330 ish!

Comment

Out of interest, which of the current guns are running this new V2 gearbox?

Comment

Just the TM recoil range

Comment

Any box with.
                      1) quick change spring system
                      Or
                      2) split gearbox

A left handed chimp could work on either of the above with very little problems.

Comment

Originally posted by dfrear View Post
                        Out of interest, which of the current guns are running this new V2 gearbox?
                        Tm sopmod m4 and TM socom M4. The Scar is a cross between new version 2 and new version 1 and the aks are all new version 1.

Comment

Well going by my limited experience so far... I have to say the V6 gearbox has been the easiest by far. Motor alignment is so much easier with a motor cage. The trigger assembly and wiring is also nice and simple.

Worst gearbox version so far has to be the V2 although I must have been looking at on older V2 going by what has been said. Anti-reversal latch hell. Trigger springing out. At least the spring liked to stay in without holding anything down!

Anyone wish they had a third arm and hand sometimes?!? GAH.

Comment

ics v2 split box mmmmmm a dream

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
                            Working...
                            X