Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS AK74-m accuracy terrible, white junk coming out of barrel when firing

Hi Guys,

I was hoping that somebody could help me. I've got some dramas regarding my AK.

Ive had my AK74 for several years now and have only just started to really use it.

The accuracy is now terrible even after fine tuning the hop. i literally cannot hit a tree at about 10 metres. On top of that, when firing, there is a lot of (what can only be described as) a white plastic sawdust type of material coming out of the barrel.

I have tried cleaning this out with the cleaning rod and cloth/wd40 and it just doesnt seem to work.

so... Has anybody got any thoughts as to how to solve this?

i had a thought that maybe the inside of the inner barrel has a coating of plastic on it which is coming apart? is that even possible?

Any help would be great because at the moment its like turning up at a skirmish with a spud gun :S

James

Re: ICS AK74-m accuracy terrible, white junk coming out of barrel when firing

First of all by cleaning your gun with WD40 it has been killed.

ONLY USE SILICON!

It WAS proably your hop-up rubber.

Comment

Hi,

well that sucks.

thanks for your help. though.

James

Comment

I would take it to a proper tech to have someone look at it.

Comment

Sounds like the BBs may be getting stuck in the feed tube and some are getting shredded by the nozzle.

WD40 WON'T have killed the hop rubber this fast, but it's life will now be limited.

Wind the hop all the way off and see if it fires. If it does then the hop was over adjusted making BBs jam. If it doesn't, stop firing asap and get it to a tech.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Caveira you may be onto something.. since i've had the gun, sometimes nothing would come out of the barrel, and then next shot would just plop a couple of bbs out.

I should have mentioned before that today was the first time i've ever stripped the RIF and attempted to clean it so its only had a tiny bit of WD40 run through the barrel on some tissue. and that is since i bought it from zeroone about 5 years ago now.

Do you think not cleaning it would have contributed to this?

Regardless ive just emailed zeroone and asked for a quote to get a tighter precision barrel and a new hop fitted. its overdue for an upgrade :D

however if there is a problem with the feed would it be an easy fix?

James

Comment

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with the tech guys at Z1. They say that the white plastic stuff is a wax coating which can be found on the ICS BB's that I've been using, they advised to use BB's which don't have a wax coating.

As for the low fps (i chronoed 260 at the mall a few weeks back :S) they say that air is escaping somewhere, most likely the hop. Ive sent the gun off to be checked over and hopefully ill have it back soon working better then ever.

On another note, they didn't seem too concerned that id tried wd40 in the barrel to clean it.

cheers

Comment

Mate, its alll good, your guns not fu##ed, i had the same problem with my m4 ages ago, basically, its just bb residue, basically what you wanna do, is get some quite hot soapy water, and rest the end of your barrel in it for 5 mins or something, then take it out, and clean your barrel, you should be able to see the white stuff on the edges of the barrel if you look on in on the end of it. If that doesnt work, get the unjamming end of the unjamming rod, and use the little lip to scratch off the white stuff using some silicone oil at the same time, dw it wont scratch your barrel, its only plastic. This should all work, make sure you get it all off otherwise that little bit left will start to build up and the problem will re-occur. Hope this helps you, laurence. (btw, you should take the barrel out your gun if that wasnt already clear, and once you get rid of the s@@t, your fps should go back to normal)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jimboAK Find out more about jimboAK
                Working...
                X