DE UMP upgrades help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE UMP upgrades help

hey all im looking to upgrade my UMP, does anyone on here have any experience upgrading this gun? i was thinking of taking it to Eagle6.

my fire selector is LOOSE! hop is loose slides off when i have prolonged fire. sometimes my UMP even dry fires. (why does it dry fire)

i just want to know whats the best stuff to put into this thing, as i love the mobility it offers.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: DE UMP upgrades help

I have heard that they are total crap. My buddy had one as a starting airsoft gun and i think it destroyed itself within 1month. He is now using the G&G UMP which he has installed a tightbore barrel in, and a high speed motor.

Comment

True most DE guns are bad, but the UMP is supposedly very good. So I'm looking to put a few quid in it.

Comment

i spoke to the 6 eagles, and apparently DE guns are hard to upgrade?! is there anyone here who has upgraded a DE UMP before?

Comment

Its just risky business upgrading any DE gun, theres a reason some companys who upgrade guns now actually have on there doors a no upgrading clones policy. When you have 10 - 20 guns in at any one time having the tech tied up for days doing one clone gun becuase maybe a part fell apart when dismantling it, i had one de gun which when taking apart crumbled in my hands. Im now liable for that gun and its so of spec its hard to get original parts for and tm parts dont fit. Im sure its possible to upgrade it and maybe the DE ump is the exception to the rule but just as long as you understand why some places will steer clear of those types of guns. The problem is clones get thrown into one giant barrel, but they arnt all the same, some like cyma are very close to tms specs. Others like some karts or De can be very far off spec it means that some original parts while need to be replaced with original parts from DE or kart and finding them can be hard. Also with some clones you change one internal part it then sets off a chain reaction of other problms beucase of the new part being off spec it doesnt quite mate up with the other parts of the gun like hop rubber or hop uit or tappet plate just as example. Theres no way to be speciifc without doing it but theres a reason why its enough of a problem for some companys to actually have a sign on the door as you walk in.

Only other techs can describe it but sometimes you change one thing and thats it youve got to change them all. So as long as your prepared for that eventuality then your going in eyes wide open so to speak.

Comment

thanks for the reply's

i was just reading a review on TBB's by Tackleberry and im certain his theory is right.

as the previous owner said he installed a tighbore in it which might be why it sometimes drops bb's out the barrel.

had a little tinker with it the other night, held the mag in the magwell abit tighter and it fired everyshot perfect, which to me sounds like it could be a problem with the feed tube in the ump mags, and a mate of mine who has good knowledge of AEGs says that ump highcaps are like that. so the question is, is there anywhere that stocks UMP midcaps?

Comment

just to bump this up,

i need to replace the hop, is this easy?

i keep hearing its not worth doing which annoys me as i like this gun and seeing as im willing to spend the cash then its worth it to me.

Comment

ok, recently got the GEN 2 UMG hop and barrel from G&G, installed it using the bucking from the DE hop but dont know where to put the little black hop rubber? its tiny. also why is there a spring around the barrel?

When i shoot it fires two bbs one straight forward with slight loop and the other one drops slightly whilst keeping up with the other.

Comment

ok so im learning this tech stuff as i go along, but im now onto sorting out the gearbox. i want to overhaul this gun as a learning process to eventually upgrade my other guns myself.

its a v3 gear box so can anyone tell me some of the better v3 upgrades?

Comment

I had this as my first gun, im with you on this as its a great little shooter. As for the gearbox its full metal internals but the issues i had with mine which i think you should look into changing are the air nozzle, tappet plate, and piston. These were the ONLY things that went wrong in mine! As for the little bit of rubber that is the nub that sits under the plastic slider on the top of the hop unit. It is what puts pressure on the bucking which gives the bb the hop. This could explain the double firing you are experiencing also could be that you have too much hop wound in or a slight obstruction in the barrel which is retaining a bb. I loved my DE ump and would happily have another any day!

Comment

well to be honest with you i have it up for sale but not really wanting to sell it.

the nub is all sorted, however i was looking at the nozzle, but didnt think about the tappet plate or piston. what tappet and piston would you recommend? and can you use sorbo pads on v3 pistons?

thinking about it, i had a upgraded piston put in it... thats why it lost its muffled sound. so i guess i need a nozzle and tappet. not a bad shout then i guess.

Comment

Ooh for sale hmmm tell me more lol

Comment

clicky on my recent threads mate lol

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-RIFS-and-bits

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84