Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul/G&P/Systema M4 issues

Hi all,

I have a hybrid M4 based off the G&P tank but with a magpul lower receiver and systema mechbox and motor, however I noticed at my last skirmish that there was a fair amount of heat coming off the motor, so much so I could feel warmth through the pistol grip.

I've tried to strip it down but I didn't put it together so I am not familiar with how it's done. I've managed to get it down to just the lower receiver and pistol grip with the mechbox and motor still inside, but I don't want to force it in case it breaks.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed?

Picture of the rifle here:

Thanks in advance for any advice given.
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Re: Magpul/G&P/Systema M4 issues

Warmth off pistol grip is quite normal - especially if you were ragging it a bit on full auto.

Comment

If the motor is getting very hot it could be down to the shimming on the gearbox , your best off trying to get hold of a local tech to have a peek for you
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
        Warmth off pistol grip is quite normal - especially if you were ragging it a bit on full auto.
        I rarely take this little beast off semi to be honest, and tend to fire in bursts when I do - I'll see how it fares at my next skirmish which is at a single shot only site and see what happens.

Would very much like to know how to get the mechbox and motor out of the lower receiver and MIAD though
        Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

its a standard v2 , so it will be :

remove the base plate
          unclip the motor connecters ( spade or screw )
          pull the motor out
          at the bottom of the pistol grip will be 2 or 4 screws , undo these and pull the grip off , try not to pull the connectors off the wiring

now the body , first remove the front pin and slide your upper off

now remove the stock
          then the mag catch ( should be a small screw + or allen type )
          remove the large rear body pin
          now there is the body pin , 1 end is fat thats the end that needs to come out first

the gearbox will now pull out of the lower body ( set the selector to semi aswell )
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Mate, it's perfectly normal!!! Even more so on single shot, it makes the motor work harder and doesn't spin long enough to draw air in to cool it, worry not!

Comment

I am guessing that it's the MIAD grip then letting the heat out, as I've never felt it on any of my other AEG's. I bow to your expertise, thanks guys!

Comment

Just a quick update - managed to strip it down but the previous owner had soldered the wires coming from the mech box onto the motor connectors, so now I've pretty much busted it lol.

I need to get the solder off then fit some proper clip connectors on the the mech box wires so I don't get this issue again but it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers for all the help guys!

Comment

Them being soldered on is a good thing... That would not cause heat buildup. If anything, it would lower it slightly... Just solder them back on

Comment

one reason why your motor is heating up,is your battery is not powerful enough,its not putting out enough amps, causing the motor to overwork
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If your battery is too small it will also be heating up. I would say it was PROBABLY ok, and continued semi auto will allways create heat. Particularly if you have an AB fet and a poorly set up gear box. Naff wire and Mini Tamiyas are also good for generating heat. Handy in the Winter, not so good for your gun however.

By the way not saying yours is poorly set up, just generalising.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Well I am running it from an 11.1 Lipo so I doubt it's the battery, Deans connectors so again not sure on that - wiring looks okay but perhaps it's the mosphet as that was obviously installed after the rifle was purchased.

It's not an amazing amount of heat, I've just never noticed it on any other rifle I've used - but then this is my first rifle converted to run Lipo's so maybe it's just me being inexperienced.

Comment

If it is warm and not hot you are fine.

If however it is hot, it may be as simple as the continued semi, 11.1 and AB fet. It is better to use a basic fet and set your gear box up more carefully. Basic fets don't zap the motor with electricity to stop them dead in their tracks. The very expensive bought fets have some protection for this too.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
                          Working...
                          X