aa r85, piston and other shizz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aa r85, piston and other shizz

i want to disable the blowback, and add a normal piston to mine...... to increase rof and reliablility......

now, my ques.

one, how do i disable the blowback? im guessing its the little piece that slides along the top of the GB.

two. what sector gear do i need. i know its a tm one. but isit a standard V2 type? or the psg type....

three..... best piston. ive been told to use a tm one. but i was thinkin of a really good one instead, maybe a systema one. will this be okay?

Re: aa r85, piston and other shizz

Systema pistons aren't as good as TM. It's the only bit they didn't get right.

The AA R85 piston and sector gear are psg1 type, I.e 3 extra teeth. It also has the precocking feature. Now, this works on The PSG-1, but isn't very good on an auto AEG. It causes the poiston to shred very quickly, due to pre-engagement. Thus, what you need to do is:

Buy a TM sector gear and piston, standard v2 type.

You will need to add a 10mm spacer to the piston. Make sure it is 10mm longer than a standar piston, including piston head.

This will make it run for far longer. I have done thsi as well as disabling the blowback, and it has rns solidly ever since.

Comment

cheers mate..... these guns are shoddy standard..............

one more que, what battery do you run? i want something a little special. maybe a 9.6

Comment

I run mine on a 9.6v mini. You can either use a connector/adaptor, or simply unplug the small to large installed in the gun, and run the wire through into the handgrip. I did the second one.

Comment

cheers for all the help mate......... one final final que. where did you get the piston head spacr from, how much and whats it made of?

Comment

I used the paice inside Marui pistons; the metal cylindrical block thet the piston head screws onto. Exactly 10mm, and works fine.

Just make sure that the little nub on the back of the piston head that fits into the circular gap in the piston isn't adding lenght. Basically provided it's 10mm longer, it'll work.

Also, make sure your spacer holds in place the metal tooth insert on the piston.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Destroyer Find out more about Destroyer
            Working...
            X