What battery should I go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What battery should I go for?

Hey there guys, I recently got myself a ICS CXP 08 and I have just really been fiddling about with it and I do really like it now the battery which is currently in it is one of these;

(1500 Ni-MH 8.4v 1500 mAh)

I don’t know what type it is but what I want to ask is I want a bigger battery as I want to be able to go through entire skirmishes without the battery draining so what ones would you suggest, now bearing in mind that the battery does go into the stock so the new battery would need to be of similar dimensions

Suggestions?

Re: What battery should I go for?

go for a lipo i suppose, you can get a reasonable sized one in place of an 8.4 mini.

how does that battery fit in the gun, i.e. tight fit, slightly loose fit?

tbh all you could do is get another one of those then half way through a days skirmish change over.

just read "of similar dimensions" defiantly lipo then if you want it too last longer 15c 7.4 then get the measurement of the existing battery and find a lipo that is the same size

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crude Skinny B View Post
      go for a lipo i suppose, you can get a reasonable sized one in place of an 8.4 mini.

how does that battery fit in the gun, i.e. tight fit, slightly loose fit?

tbh all you could do is get another one of those then half way through a days skirmish change over.

just read "of similar dimensions" defiantly lipo then if you want it too last longer 15c 7.4 then get the measurement of the existing battery and find a lipo that is the same size
      it is a tight fit, I know this is a real noob question but what is the advantage of lipo over a ni-cd battery?

Comment

Just done some research there about lipo and even though it would be more powerful than ni-cd i wouldnt want to add any more unwanted stress onto the internal components

so does anybody know any good sites to get mini ni-cd batterys from? im kinda looking for a battery which is pumping out around 2000mah

Comment

2000 mah mini types arent available as far as im aware..... just buy another 1500 mah one from the shop of components......... and charge both.

Comment

Originally posted by Userunknown View Post
            2000 mah mini types arent available as far as im aware..... just buy another 1500 mah one from the shop of components......... and charge both.
            Yeah I've just had a browse and it looks like the highest mini minh battery I can get is a 9.6V 1600mAh. thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Do some more lipo research, lipo is a TYPE of battery. There is no way possible 'being lipo' can damage your gun.

What might do is speed / power. But this applies to any battery type, nicad, nihm and lipo. A low rated lipo will deliver same power as a half decent nihm. The advantages of lipo is you can get more mah (run time) in a smaller package.

Something like a 1900mah 7.4v 20C would give you similar power in the same space, but last longer. Can get them for under £15 too! I'd still change it over at lunch though.

Comment

Don't forget you will also need a new charger if you go lipo,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ali619 Find out more about ali619
                Working...
                X