Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 help guys

Hey guys , i have a p90 on order

and im wondering, what mods/ tweaks can be done to it out the box apart from the obvious hop up PTFE trick,

after any performance or internal tinkering tips to make quieter and faster,
    or can i just put in a 9.6 mini battery as soon as play or do i need to upgrade anything before and what is the biggest i can fit in the stock as i know i can get my 9.6 3300 battery on it but will be after have the box mag and cable extension so it sits where the mag goes,

any help will be great guys

Re: P90 help guys

The basic clean up and re-grease will do it wonders, I've had my P90 hit 300fps just from basic maintenance, and the ROF usually climbs very slightly too.

If well maintained, the P90 will be fine on a 9.6v mini type. I have ran 9.6v mini types on many stock Maruis for years without any problems.
    But bare in mind that if you use really heavy weights or have a BB jam in the barrel for what ever reason, it's more likely to cause an internal failure.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

cool . so the basic battery that comes with it will be ok . until i upgrade to larger once upgraded ,

is there anything i can do to make it more silent as it being a sniper back up so like it to be realitivly quiet

Comment

In truth the P90 is one of the quietest AEG's ever, but if you're getting the TR version with the silencer - add some foam, will make it even quieter.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

no its the red dot version , so i wouldn't need to fill the stock with foam or anything

Comment

Sorry, meant add more foam to the suppressor.

Well adding a supressor on will make a notable difference.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

roger that mate ,

cheers . is there any tweaks to do for adding bigger battery

Comment

I'll show you what I've done with mine...

Started to saw out a piece of the butt plate - here

and then just filed it down so it was square. Allows for a wire to fit through nice and easy. I don't use the space where the magazine would really go as I'd like to balance the gun out with a big 12v battery I use in a battery bag on the rear, as you can imagine from that setup (+ aimpoint) she's quite front end heavy. I normally have taclights on her too.

Otherwise, what you can see is not really a Cheekpiece, although it acts as that, but an extra space for a bigger battery. Before I did that mod, I used to use a 9.6v Nunchuck style battery. In fact I think I'd be certain a 10.8v Crane battery would fit, because you can put part of the battery in the cheekpiece, part of the battery in the compartment in the gun.

Comment

Buy the tripple rail cage, a silencer, RIS sling hook and the M4/16 mag box adapter

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

For noise reduction, it depends on what area gun causes the most issues.
                    Gearbox operation noise (motor, gears etc..) can be minimized by optimizing the shimming/motor height, using more viscous grease. Sound proof padding such as dynamat can be used to pad out spaces.
                    For muzzle report, sorbothane or felt padding can be added to the cylinder head buffer pad and greatly reduces muzzle report.

Air brakes are another route, but such modification could prove difficult with a V6 cylinder head as the exhaust hole is off centre.

Aside from the shimming and soundproof padding, the other modifications will affect efficiency.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

ok guys thanks for all the help , will report on it when recieve it from mates

Comment

Can I suggest that you get a game under your belt with the P90 before you start playing around with it. The P90 is one of those guns that really only needs the most minor of things doing to it as it runs superbly well stock. My sons was upgraded from new and has not needed anything for three years now except cleaning the barrel. I built one for a friends son and all I did was put metal bushings and an m100 spring then a mod to fit 9.6v mini batt's. No need to change barrels pistons anything really. If you want to go all out then there are a mass of things you can do but honestly it's such a great little gun you may be suprissed how well it runs. Probably the best AEG yet made.

Also get the silverback mid-caps! they are priceless.

Comment

ive had 2 games with it , and found it too loud for sniper back up , and its at my mates getting a new outer barrel cnc'd for it .

there a few definate upgrades or addons doing ,

also be buying loads for it if sell my pistol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                          Working...
                          X