ics m4 slowing down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics m4 slowing down

hey ive had my ics m4 sportline for about a year now and it never gave any trouble until about a month ago when it started slowing down like the battery was dead so i changed battery to a freshly charged one and it stayed the same all mid game. so i left it until the following week and it happened again so i kept using it and after a while it completly died even with a new battery so i went for a break and came back and it worked again! i think it might be overheating or something. ive changed motor since this and its still doing the same. any body any ideas? thanks

Re: ics m4 slowing down

sounds like a dead motor or battery but if you have changed both and its still slow i would suggest a check of the wiring ( all in tact and not gettting pinched or crushed) no mechanical reason i can think of for it to slow down unless something has broke but you would hear that.

Comment

buy some 18awg silicon wire off the shop of components and rewire the lower gearbox. DONT use an inline fuse when you do so. They only cause resistance, and slow your ROF down. Whilst you have the lower gearbox apart you should:

clean ALL the components (gears, ar latch, contacts ect)
      once clean, inspect them for any signs of damage/wear
      replace anything that needs it....... as in the words of "The Core", "any damaged compartment degrades the entire hull".
      re-grease, re-shim and refit! RRR! DO NOT bother buying expensive gear grease...... get your self down to the well known car accessories and bike place, and buy a tub of teflon grease. its in a white tub with a red lid.

When your re-wiring, i suggest you use XT60 connectors...... Their a lot better than deans, easier to solder and easier to get apart. Cheaper too! :D

Comment

if its an ics sportline mate then it sounds like youve basicly killed the motor life

Comment

Originally posted by EBR-freak View Post
          if its an ics sportline mate then it sounds like youve basicly killed the motor life
          He stated hes replaced the motor.......... therefore that cannot be the issue here..... im suspecting wiring/trigger contacts.

Comment

hey guys thanks for the replys. i replaced the original motor with a tm eg30000hc one and took it out for a game. it lasted about 20 mins before i noticed it slowing so i think the wiring could be the prob. il check it out later. thanks for the help

Comment

Another thing to ask is have you replaced the pinion gear on the new motor because if you have the standard ics gears in there you NEED a ics pinion gear on the motor as far as i know nothing else is compatible with ics gears. not that this would make it slow down but it will make things go very bad very quick if you havnt.

Comment

check that your batterys are ok by buying a new one, and make sure your charging correctly, use lipo if you havent already.

If it still does it then you will need to go inside to see if a bushing has collasped or something similar cuasing your gun to work harder than it has too thus draining bat quickly.

Comment

I doubt it has anything to do with the gears, motor or wiring. I would take the upper part of the box apart and check it for any signs of ware. It could be something is damaged and causing resistance making the motor to work harder. Take the cylinder out and give it a good clean/pollish and make sure the piston head isnt damaged.

Comment

The ICS gera box being split is so easy to take appart I would start with teh upper gear box section. As stated above make sure theres nothing blocking or causing issues in there. Once I did that I would take out the lower gearbox and check all the wiring. I would also remove the fuse as stated above. When the lower gerabox is open check the piston teeth and that the anti-reversal latch is working correctly (incase this is causing motor issues).
                    Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by billy breach View Post
                      I would also remove the fuse as stated above.
                      Is removing the fuse a good idea? I have two ICS rifles and although removing the fuse would help alot in regards of foregrip space, is this a good idea? I'v got a mosfet in one of them so maybe I dont really need the fuse then, just thought it must be there for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                        Is removing the fuse a good idea? I have two ICS rifles and although removing the fuse would help alot in regards of foregrip space, is this a good idea? I'v got a mosfet in one of them so maybe I dont really need the fuse then, just thought it must be there for a reason.
                        ive always removed the fuses in all of my guns..... all they do is add resistance..... just dont hold the trigger down if your gb jams.

Comment

I just had a search through the forum and it seems a lot of people remove the fuse. I run a 11.1v Li-Po and it seems that most people keep the fuse in if they have lipo's. I'll leave it for now i think. It would give me some extra space but its not a big deal at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                            I just had a search through the forum and it seems a lot of people remove the fuse. I run a 11.1v Li-Po and it seems that most people keep the fuse in if they have lipo's. I'll leave it for now i think. It would give me some extra space but its not a big deal at the mo
                            you have a mosfet right? i personally wouldn't run the fuse.

Comment

yeah i got one of these installed
                              http://www.aegwizard.com/AEG_Burst_Wizard.html

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NavyGoblin Find out more about NavyGoblin
                              Working...
                              X