Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lipo battery advice

looking for some advise, recently purchased a g&p m16a3
    was for sale with a lipo but i chose to buy without lipo as i do rc car racing i have a fair few lipos already and this being my first AEG im looking at using lipo with i want some advise on what size? what discharge?
    the lipos i currently have are
    2600mah 40c
    3500mah 25c
    3250mah 25c
    all are 7.4v and would they be fine to use?

thanks in advance
    Tom

Re: lipo battery advice

id use the 40c one but any of those will be fine, whats more important is will they fit... as any lipo will power any gun, but if its to big you aint going no where.

Comment

yeh they all fit i have the full stock, thanks for the advise i just dont want run something thats too powerful and f*** something up

Comment

Below is a very good article about Lipos that you may find usefull

http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com...teries-part-1/

Comment

I'd personally go for capacity over discharge rate, one of the 3000+mah ones would serve you better than the 2600 with higher discharge, you dont need 40c, it will only burn out your trigger contacts quicker if you zip on semi often

Comment

actually better qaulity is more important than all of the above but hey ho..

I prefer faster since lipo has faster charge times than nimh, you can safely charge them faster and the cost of multiple small ones is less than nimh. Nimh your often restricted to long charger times over night, thus needing multiple batterys.

A lipo can charge in your car by the time you reach the site your driving too. And can also be recharged at diner time with a one touch charger.

The extra benfits of lipos are often lost in the usual which am faster debates.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
              The extra benfits of lipos are often lost in the usual which am faster debates.
              Couldnt agree more..... lipos are seen as a way to make your gun faster...... Thats not just the case. The main reason i buy them is the form factor! id love to see a nihm stocktube battery

Comment

Originally posted by Userunknown View Post
                Couldnt agree more..... lipos are seen as a way to make your gun faster...... Thats not just the case. The main reason i buy them is the form factor! id love to see a nihm stocktube battery
                Different strokes really, I bought mine because of the size to fit in my hand guard, but equally as much because I wanted faster trigger responce and ROF.

Comment

They will all be fine. I have run G and P standard out of the box on 11.1's. So which ever one YOU fancy using really.

If it were me, I would use the 40C to start and if I had to change juring the day I would go to the next powerfull ect. My fav battery at the minute is a 45C 1000mAh 11.1 really puts a smile on my face. I have just sent another a 65C 7.4 away for a mag review. I hadn't tried that one so will have to see what the reviewer thinks of it.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tomm Find out more about Tomm
                  Working...
                  X