V2 JG MP5 not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 JG MP5 not working.

Hi everyone, i have a JG MP5a4 here with a 8.4v battery.

I have done nothing to the gun and today when i came to see if the batteries were charged for the weekend it fired off about 20rounds and then stopped dead.

The following is the fault finding steps i have tried without luck.

Replaced the motor.
    Replaced the battery.

Both motors did not work, and nothing happened even after changing the battery. This leads me to believe that either.

The gearbox has jammed.
    The fuse (if there is one) has blown.

Well if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Does the gun even have a fuse?

Regards and thanks very much in advance. The gun is only a week old.

Andy.

Re: V2 JG MP5 not working.

its funny just this sunday i had a dead jg mp5 in , the gun was fully dead leading me to thinking the switch block spring had gone . turned out the stopper for the switch had broken away .

have a look at the fuse ( just join both contacts to test if you cant see any damage )
    if the gun is making no sound ( clicking ) then its not jammed

things it could be :
    spring for switch block broken
    shell damaged ( switch stopper )
    very dirty contacts
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Take the motor out of the grip and then try the trigger again.

If the motor spins then the problem is in the GB, if it doesn't then the issue is an electrical one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
        Take the motor out of the grip and then try the trigger again.

If the motor spins then the problem is in the GB, if it doesn't then the issue is an electrical one.
        I have tried that and the motor does not spin, i have also tried this with my spare G&P M120 too.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

check the electrics throughout...... might be a good opportunity to fit a mosfet

Comment

AS above. defiantly an electrical fault.

If you buy/ borrow a multi-meter it will make fault finding MUCH easier.

screwfix £8.99
            maplin £4.99

or fleabay

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
              AS above. defiantly an electrical fault.

If you buy/ borrow a multi-meter it will make fault finding MUCH easier.

screwfix £8.99
              maplin £4.99

or fleabay

this guy talks sense..... a multi meter is always handy.... buy strip everything and do a visual inspection FIRST.... the problem might be blatantly obvious.

Comment

AND id reccomend using a component shpo multi meter.... cheaper than both of those, and you can order new wire, heatshrink and connectors at the same time

Comment

Thanks guys, problem sorted. I know i am going to get some stick for this but the only problem was the fuse had blown. HaHa. Silly Me!!!

I hear a lot of talk about removing the fuse completely. Is this wise?

Also where this gun is only for my buddies who want to come to airsoft occasionally i won’t be fitting a misfit, i primarily use my WE GBBR's and don’t have anywhere near enough use for it or need for one.

Right now onto my second problem, the motor baseplate on the JG MP5 is not adjustable, however it needs to be, i can here that the pinion gear is not engaging the other gear inside the gearbox correctly, however i can’t find any way of pushing the motor higher in the motor housing. Can someone recommend a motor base plate for the JG Mp5 that is adjustable?

Many Thanks to everyone on this thread. Much appreciated- all your help.

Comment

check if you have a motor coin in there that was my problem with my project mp5. if ya don't know what that is its like a 5p sized disc of metal in the motor plate
                    no one really sells them but a repair shop might have one or ya could post in the wanted section

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gunslinger11 Find out more about gunslinger11
                    Working...
                    X