Stock P90 Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock P90 Upgrading

Never really had much experience with these so thought id ask the many men and women of Zeroin

Im going for a setup that'll give half decent ROF nothing like some speed machines i see on game day -_- that'll run as near as 350fps on .2s so im safe with my local sites' limits. Range, well its a short gun so im not expecting huge things but any tips is handy, Budget wise i dont really want to spend stupid amounts but im not too picky

Any advice is appreciated really want to start this little project :D

Re: Stock P90 Upgrading

FYI, the P90's inner barrel is LONGER than the standard MP5's - P90 = 250mm, MP5 = 229mm.

What make is your P90? All I did to my TM was put in a 6.03mm barrel. ROF is about 1030rpm with the stock motor/spring.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
      FYI, the P90's inner barrel is LONGER than the standard MP5's - P90 = 250mm, MP5 = 229mm.
      I wouldnt know but thanks for the info

What make is your P90?
      Tokyo Marui

I plan to put a TBB in at somepoint, more looking into what gearbox bits (if any) i could use etc etc.

Comment

m100 spring and a highspeed motor such as a g&p m120 shud run you 330-350 fps at around 20-25 rps depending on your battery

Comment

So basically a high speed motor, m100 spring and a .03 TB should suffice, obviously im gunna reshim, re-grease and do wonders to the gearbox. thanks for the help

Comment

I thought the stock motor in the TM P90s is one of the best. As I said, mine is already too fast for my liking on an 8.4V NiMH - I use far too much ammo with it.

I would suggest you try the spring and tight-bore first, then see how it goes. If you're at Billericay Skirmish tomorrow I could bring mine for you to see how just a barrel change affects it.

Comment

I thought the stock motor in the TM P90s is one of the best. As I said, mine is already too fast for my liking on an 8.4V NiMH - I use far too much ammo with it.

I would suggest you try the spring and tight-bore first, then see how it goes. If you're at Billericay Skirmish tomorrow I could bring mine for you to see how just a barrel change affects it.
              I wont be skirmishing for a while im trying to get my airsoft fix by working on my AEGs for now

Comment

My P90 upgrade experience...

Bought a second-hand TM P90 TR. It had a few issues but the chrono reported between 330 - 340 and the accuracy was very good. Not sure if it is a tight bore barrel but I hear the TM hopup is really good so I would leave that be for now. Definitely get a tight bore barrel but no smaller than 6.03 unless you don't mind cleaning the barrel regularly and not using long bursts of full auto to avoid jamming issues. Not speaking from experience there... just what I've heard from others.

The stock TM motor is great so I would save the money and stick with it. My rate of fire increased nicely when I bought a new 8.4 battery with a peak discharge rating of 25amps and replaced the Tamiya connectors with Deans. I would also replace the wiring if you are handy with a soldering iron, so easy to do with a V6 gearbox / motor cage. First thing I did was dismantle the gearbox and give it a good clean. I re-shimmed the gears and re-lubed everything. The tappet plate had been upgraded but everything else looked like stock components. Now I'm not sure why but after I reassembled the gearbox and tested her the fps increased to just above 350, still using the M100 spring. I guess I fixed a bad air seal or something. I'm not sure what fps your P90 is capable of at the moment but it's just something to bare in mind if you do take it all apart.

I'm also using a MOSFET which has increased the ROF a little. It was mainly to fix a timing / feeding issue I was having but the ROF was an added bonus. It's not crazy fast but definitely faster than a stock P90. It's good

So yeah, in a nut shell:

6.03 Tight bore barrel.
                Stick with stock motor.
                M100 spring (might be pushing it though...)
                Replace connectors at the very least for slight ROF increase
                Replace wiring for slight ROF increase.
                New 8.4v battery with high discharge rate
                Dismantle gearbox and give everything a good clean, make sure shimming is good, relube and reassemble!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Quibble View Post
                  My P90 upgrade experience...

Bought a second-hand TM P90 TR. It had a few issues but the chrono reported between 330 - 340 and the accuracy was very good. Not sure if it is a tight bore barrel but I hear the TM hopup is really good so I would leave that be for now. Definitely get a tight bore barrel but no smaller than 6.03 unless you don't mind cleaning the barrel regularly and not using long bursts of full auto to avoid jamming issues. Not speaking from experience there... just what I've heard from others.

The stock TM motor is great so I would save the money and stick with it. My rate of fire increased nicely when I bought a new 8.4 battery with a peak discharge rating of 25amps and replaced the Tamiya connectors with Deans. I would also replace the wiring if you are handy with a soldering iron, so easy to do with a V6 gearbox / motor cage. First thing I did was dismantle the gearbox and give it a good clean. I re-shimmed the gears and re-lubed everything. The tappet plate had been upgraded but everything else looked like stock components. Now I'm not sure why but after I reassembled the gearbox and tested her the fps increased to just above 350, still using the M100 spring. I guess I fixed a bad air seal or something. I'm not sure what fps your P90 is capable of at the moment but it's just something to bare in mind if you do take it all apart.

I'm also using a MOSFET which has increased the ROF a little. It was mainly to fix a timing / feeding issue I was having but the ROF was an added bonus. It's not crazy fast but definitely faster than a stock P90. It's good

So yeah, in a nut shell:

6.03 Tight bore barrel.
                  Stick with stock motor.
                  M100 spring (might be pushing it though...)
                  Replace connectors at the very least for slight ROF increase
                  Replace wiring for slight ROF increase.
                  New 8.4v battery with high discharge rate
                  Dismantle gearbox and give everything a good clean, make sure shimming is good, relube and reassemble!

Good luck!
                  Thanks gunna order a few little bits for it and get to work i have a friend who has a nice P90 give me some tips aswell :D

Comment

Originally posted by IamLukifer View Post
                    Thanks gunna order a few little bits for it and get to work i have a friend who has a nice P90 give me some tips aswell :D
                    Good luck! Let us know how you get on

Comment

When I upgraded my TM P90 I was advised to only swap the nylon bushes for metal ones, change the spring (m105) if nessarcy and put a 6.03 barrel in, anything else would be a waste of money. The range went up maybe 5 metres and fps was 330-340.

Comment

i upgraded my tm p90, by adding a madbull tb, change the nylon bushing to metal, added a metal spring guide, an m100 spring, guarder high speed revolution motor, deans connectors and switched to 7.4 lipo....you dont necesarily have to change the inner barrel,because its accurate enough as it is,and it might upset the hop unit,which should be perfect already....if i was to do it again i would use SHS motor, bushings and spring guide and guarder sp100 spring(£5 off the bay)
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IamLukifer Luke Find out more about IamLukifer
                        Working...
                        X