Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M4 Sopmod spring change advice

Hi,

Looking to change the spring in my Sopmod, currently firing at 290 fps, I have an Eagle6 M100 spring to go into it.
    My question is..... Can I simply change the spring in the gun? Ive been told that on the Sopmod you can't just change the spring, you need to change the gears as they won't take it, is that right?

Cheers
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Change the gears at the same time. After that you can change the spring as the original is stuck to the piston I believe. Ask Richardy

Comment

Re: TM M4 Sopmod spring change advice

the gears wont need changing at our fps levels, but youll still have to crack open the gearbox for the first spring change as the spring is bolted onto the piston as ben said. after the first spring change is complete it will be a hot swap as you can just pop springs in and out when needed due to the new design and the fact that youve already released the original spring from its bolted place on the piston.
      sigpic

Comment

yup as has been said you dont need to but for the cost of the hornbill gears since your going in your may as well fit them and a set of bearings. Do it all in one hit so to speak.

You get about 1 year on the standard gears.

Comment

I have spoken with Richardy on this before, he did mention a little mod where you simply drill out the centre of the piston head (spring side) and then you can unscrew it, but Ive found nothing on this so havent tried it myself.

I also seems to have jammed my Stock ring on too tight for now so Ill have to leave it!

Comment

you have to drill a small hole in the front of the piston head (cylinder head side) to reveal the allen key/crosshead screw that allows you to undo the spring retaining bolt. personally i didnt drill mine incase i burred the screw head, i melted mine through with a hot screw driver, neatly and carefully, till i got to the head of the screw, undone it then tidied up the roughness with a dremel file. its all straight forward really, just daunting on a 500 quid gun. When i upgraded mine i didnt have the option of the hornbill gears, it was pricey prommy ones or the stock tms, i left mine stock and i believe its all still running fine to this day.
            sigpic

Comment

if you change the spring to lets say a m100 wouldn't you ave to change the piston head because of that metal thing inside that takes up more space in the piston .. ? i was contemplating this but i was concerned i would have to cut down the spring a bit to get the same size as the original spring ?

Comment

Use the eagle 6 springs. Using a standard spring will wreck the piston

Comment

lol ok any other advice or recommendations i should know about the recoil m4 series that people have found

Comment

If you're in there changing the spring then get the prommy hard piston and piston head for it and a set of bearings all from the retailer named above, standard is nylon bushings and the pistons can be a bit crappy so save yourself all the trouble of having to go back in there again and replace all of the above
                    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

TM pistons have a reputation for lasting forever. The only thing that really needs changing is the bushings and gears if you're upping FPS. Then it's perfectly solid

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike581 Ex Forces Find out more about Mike581
                      Working...
                      X