A&K M249 + Lipo = ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K M249 + Lipo = ??

will it explode? i want an uber rof, seems my barrett swap has gone down the pan......

Re: A&K M249 + Lipo = ??

Won't explode but it will chew your gears and piston. A&K stock internals will stand no chance being used with a lipo. If you are persistent of getting a high rof get a new motor, gearset and new piston + piston head. Lipo in my opinion is a last resort matter.

Comment

well, ive ran it of a 10.8v with no issues.......

id rather run it off a lipo until it eats itself, then replace shit

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        Won't explode but it will chew your gears and piston. A&K stock internals will stand no chance being used with a lipo. If you are persistent of getting a high rof get a new motor, gearset and new piston + piston head. Lipo in my opinion is a last resort matter.
        Are you sure, depends on the C rating of the lipo, I have been using a 11.1V 2000mah 12C lipoly on my m249 for a couple of years now and everything's well. By the way I am a heavy lipoly user. I have 7.4V 1200mah 15C, 11.1V 1600mah 12C, 11.1V 1100mah 15c, 11.1V 2000mah 20C, 11.1V 1900mah 22c.
        If you don't know how to modify your GB internals, Yup I won't suggest using a lipo. If you are not sensible enough and stick my highest C rating lipo on your M249, chances you'll mess everythin' up, comprende amigos!

Comment

The A&K stuff will dsie as has been said. There are reports from people who have got a good one that they ran it from a 10.8 all day and it was fine, but the vast majority will just die.

If you want to run it on a high ROF, the replace the gears, piston and motor and give it a damn good reshim. then start thinking about lipos.

Comment

Problem is running lipo's off cheap motors can damage the battery itself. Thus causing havoc and maybe even flames

Comment

Indeed, as well as wiring issues/burning.

Comment

If you want to run it on a high ROF, the replace the gears, piston and motor and give it a damn good reshim. then start thinking about lipos.[/QUOTE]

Well said bro!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Awesofter Find out more about Awesofter
                Working...
                X