Star M249 not firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star M249 not firing?

Hi. Ive searched google to no avail, so I hope that the great minds of Z1 can aid me here .

I have a Star M249, but its not firing at all. Theres not even a click or anything when I pull the trigger. After removing the gearbox from the body and just pushing the trigger contact manually from underneath the gearbox, I discovered that the gearbox is still working fine, but it just doesnt work when placed inside the M249 body. Im guessing its something to do with the trigger system? My amateur guess is that the trigger isnt pushing the contact far enough up.

Whats the common fix for this? Is it a case of having to buy a new trigger set, or is there some bodge job that people do? Ive heard that trigger issues with the Star M249 are very common.

Re: Star M249 not firing?

buy new trigger set for twelve quid, the old ones burn out easily in the m249. should be ok after that
    sigpic

Comment

yeah Ive managed to fix it after the previous owner helpfully PMed me! Its not a permanent fix but will do for the time being.

But guess what! Now the box mag isnt feeding! Dear me!

Comment

hi ya mate, have you tried changing the batteries? you can test it exsternally by pressing the clip with the battery box switched on, bb's will feed out the top,if not possibly a bb stuck in the wind mech or a cables been pulled loose, try and take the mech out of the box and check it all over

Comment

Originally posted by crualmofri View Post
          hi ya mate, have you tried changing the batteries? you can test it exsternally by pressing the clip with the battery box switched on, bb's will feed out the top,if not possibly a bb stuck in the wind mech or a cables been pulled loose, try and take the mech out of the box and check it all over
          OK mate. How do I get the mech out of the box? Dont want to undo any unecessary screws! lol. And I have changed the batteries yeah so its definately not that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
          Working...
          X