dboys RIS wobble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dboys RIS wobble...

right, so my dboys RIS seems to like wobbling about on my M4.. ive heard its a known problem with these.

any one got any solutions to make it solid?

cheers,

Re: dboys RIS wobble...

what type of ris isit? free float or the other type

Comment

o yeah should of mentioned that, just the standard KAC style RIS

Comment

I can help here. It comes with some shims and they're not quite enough. The issue is with the delta ring not going back towards the gun far enough, and the barrel not quite fitting far enough back either. We took the Dremmel to the lugs on the barrel and the back of the inner section of the delta ring to make it all sit right and not wobble.

I can take photos tomorrow evening to send to you, to show what we did, if that helps.

Comment

or chuck some insolation tape on the body screw and do it up REALLY tight........

Comment

gaff tape matey
            Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Originally posted by rik View Post
              I can help here. It comes with some shims and they're not quite enough. The issue is with the delta ring not going back towards the gun far enough, and the barrel not quite fitting far enough back either. We took the Dremmel to the lugs on the barrel and the back of the inner section of the delta ring to make it all sit right and not wobble.

I can take photos tomorrow evening to send to you, to show what we did, if that helps.
              that would be great if you could!

Comment

Will get the gun back today, and take photos this evening for you.

Comment

Okay - the Delta ring is in a couple of sections - an inner and an outer section. The inner section has a lip on the gun-body side. This lip needs about 4 mm taking off it so that it can sit flush against the body. Now thread the barrel through and any wires you need for your battery.

Check to see if everything sits flush now. If it doesn't, then chances are it's binding up on lugs on the outer barrel. If so, those need a little grinding next. Go carefully on them, since they hold the barrel in.

Now it should all screw together nicely. You have a private message with the pretty awful photos I managed to take. Unfortunately, I can't get the two halves to separate again, which means I can't give you photos of the lugs :/

You will also need a PEQ battery box. Now you've got no handguard to put the battery in. The alternative (that I'm in the middle of doing now) is to rewire your gearbox so the wires come out of the back and run them out into your stock, and put your battery there - either a solid stock or a crane stock is your friend here. I'm going crane stock.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dusty2 Find out more about Dusty2
                  Working...
                  X