Upgrading a Dboys M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading a Dboys M4

ok, so generally I know which parts are needed to upgrade guns, but what bad parts are there in the above gun? What parts will REALLY need upgrading to make one a good, all round assault rifle with a balance of capabilities (range, acc, ROF)
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Upgrading a Dboys M4

I've got the black gearbox in mine and it seems really well built. The wiring is a bit too rigid for my liking, so I'll replace it with silicone at some point.

The hop was c**p, so I've changed it for an element airseal unit with an h nub.

The barrel was taken out and replaced by an M16A1 length TB, covered with a silencer.

Even though I didn't get a very good fit on the hop rubber (fitting it in a deck chair at the weekender), it was still getting decent groups at 35-40m despite only pushing out about 280fps. It was running at 340 before, so I'm looking forward to trying it out over a longer range than I've got at home once I've fixed it.
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
    Working...
    X