Rewiring Ares L85.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewiring Ares L85.

Right now although I've done this before, it was on my ICS version and had to be the easiest rewire out there.
    Now due to what I feel is a shocking ROF even with a lipo I plan on doing a complete front to back rewire on the Ares version and change the connectors while I'm at it.

My question is has anyone done a complete rewire on an Ares L85?
    If so what AWG wire will it take with relative ease?

Im thinking 16 or 18 AWG myself.

Any ideas/tips greatly received.

Lee

Re: Rewiring Ares L85.

Wouldnt think the wire would cause major rof issues, id maybe look elswhere first. Guess its good to get one of the cheapest "could bes" out the way first. If it were me id be looking elsewhere though, ares dont produce the best motors, would be my port of call on any ares, even new.
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers joe

The rewire was on the cards from day 1 regardless of how it performed.
      When I changed the horrible speaker wire and Tamiya connectors ICS use in there guns on all my others the ROF was not greatly increased but quite noticeable, especially on the L85.
      So that was my first port of call on this one too.

I take it motor wise I'd be better looking at speed rather than torque?
      Never felt the need to change one on ICS guns so that will be a first too.

Comment

ics turbo 3000 is a good although loud motor, ares are all a bit lacking, i had trouble getting 20 rps on an 11.1 with a stock ares motor. As with all my guns i like using an shs ultra torque motor, hi speed dont interest me as the torque ones are usually just as fast if not faster lol. Anybow good luck with the re wire mate, but i think the motor will give the benefits.
        sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm may have to look into sticking a Turbo 3000 in there, noisy they may be but other than that I can't fault them.

I suppose it's more trigger response I'm after more than speed ROF but I'm thinking both go hand in hand.

Comment

Nah speed motors take a little while to build to top rpm, torque have it there waiting, i always go torque. shs ultra and youll never look back.
            sigpic

Comment

Right then ordered both 16 and 18awg silicone wire just in case.
              And I'm happy to report that 16awg while a squeeze does fit
              And does along with an EC3 connector give a noticeable difference in both trigger response and ROF, not amazing but enough for me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
              Working...
              X