Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of ideas!!

Hi chaps/chapettes

Got a full metal JG HK416 (new version) a few months ago and I have been plagued by abysmal accuracy with it.

It shoots a few straight a few to the left, a few to the right.

Heres what I have done - none of which has cured the problem.

Changed the hop rubber, changed the little nub for a chopped biro one (use this in my sa80 to great effect.

Swapped out the barrel of my AA r85a1 for the hk barrel - this I thought woiuld cure the problem, as the R85 shoots straight as a die. The HK stills shoots all over the joint and the R85 shoots still very accuratelly with the HK barrel.

I have chrono'ed the HK and it is fairly consistent.

Anything else that can be causing the inaccuracy?

Cheers

Re: Running out of ideas!!

clean the barrel

try different bbs, more weight = more accuracy but slightly less range
    Originally posted by Teddykiller
    I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Try a different hop unit? Your L85 will have the same hop up init as the HK I believe so try swapping that out.
      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
      Tokyo Marui P90
      HFC M9 Special Forces
      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Barrels were all cleaned etc, and tried heavier bb's with same result.

The hop up unit is very slightlly different on the l85 (bought a m4 element one to replace it last year and was causing double feeds as it was a baw hair shorter than l85 unit) Anyways the hop unit seems fine, and new rubber and bucking as I say - with same results on accuracy.

Heres a thing i'm thinking though.

When I got the gun it was very hot 390fps with .2's. The shop downgraded it by chopping the spring, leaving it non flush at the rear end... wondering if the piston head is torquing and the air is coming out at a slightlly different direction as the action is working. What dya think, could this be a cause?

Strip down time tomorrow night I think to have a look.

Comment

i think you should bite the bullet, buy a tm hop rubber, tightbore bareel.... SORTED

Comment

I don't think that'd do much actually....

All I can say is check that the barrel is aligned properly in the hop unit, that the hop rubber is sitting perfectly, ditto with the nub. Try using without a nub (no hop up).

Check your Air Seal Nozzle, and if you can, replace that, just one of those hunches I have.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Also check that the flash hider isn't in the path of the BBs (sounds unbelievable, but was for my G3), that the end of the barrel is smooth, the inner barrel is round (try balancing it on a mirror, if it rolls both directions easily it's good) and that the hop-up/barrel etc aren't being torqued into a weird angle during assembly.
              Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

simple, the barrel is vibrating in the outer barrel, stabilize the barrel your problems will be solved

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thebamsco Find out more about thebamsco
                Working...
                X