Cutting down a spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting down a spring

Bl**dy KHMountainious have sent me the wrong spring, I was after an element M105 and they sent me an M115.

I'm seeking a replacement via paypal, but if nothing comes of it how much do I cut the spring down by?

Cheers,
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Re: Cutting down a spring

My advice, a new M100 is only £10. Lot more accurate than messing about with the snippers!

Comment

It is, but if you're dead set on cutting it down, I've found that 1 complete loop is about 20fps. ROUGHLY. Once you start cutting off three or more loops it drops a lot more each time. And it will vary with spring make/type.

Comment

And an M105 is £5 hehe.

Was just about to add, I've done some cutting down of a spring on an Element M105 spring, and it was roughly 10 fps per coil. But don't go overboard - it's going to take a long time, but I'd got at it one coil at a time to get the desired effect.

Remember, that after using the spring for about 1,000 rounds +, the muzzle velocity is bound to reduce some, perhaps even 10fps because the spring will have bedded in.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend cutting the spring, but if you really must, be sure to grind off the cut to prevent it from potentially binding with the other coils and the inside of the piston.
          http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ndClipping.jpg

For non linear springs, removing coils from the loosely spaced end would have more affect on the FPS, and the tighter end lesser.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Another Find out more about Another
          Working...
          X