uber rof mp5k... advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uber rof mp5k... advice needed

right, i want to upgrade my mp5k, so it has a stupidly fast rof. it already has a systema turbo motor fitted, but as far as im aware nothing else has been done (gun hasnt arrived yet)

i want the rof to be over 30rps, but if faster is possible, awesome. i have about 150 i can spend on upgrades, so i need to know what youd do to make this thing a little ripper! i already have a tm spring to go in it, as i want a lower FPS...........

accuracy isn't a primary concern, as its gunna be a bit of a spray and pray gun, to backup my sl9/barrett.

what would you do?

Re: uber rof mp5k... advice needed

With high ROFs the main issue is preengagement, which will strip your piston very quickly.

You'll want highspeed gears, and then go for low resistance wiring. An AB mosfet of some kind wouldn't hurt.

But then you'll need to space your piston to correct angle of engagement, and also file away the second tooth, as well as maybe removing part of the third.

Comment

so some lovely high speed gears (i might buy cheaper ones, cos if they go, its not so bad) and COMPLETELY remove the second tooth on the piston?

Comment

More than that. You have to space the piston to correct the engle of engagement.

Comment

and a simple explanation of AOE is?

Comment

I believe sniperjesus wrote a piece on it somewhere.

It's the angle of engagement between your piston and sector gear. The piston sits too far frward on stock AEGs; a perfect AOE is for the front face of the back piston tooth to be sitting in line with the centre of the sector gear. Thus the sector gear's primary tooth engages the piston flat face on as oppose to corner on as it would with stock AEGs.

The spacer shifts the piston back a few millimetres to get to this AOE. But you'll need to file off the second tooth, as that then gets in the way of the sector gear picking up the first.

Comment

so basically, i have to space the piston head, so that the sector gear picks up the piston correctly. ie. the back tooth on the piston completely hits the first tooth on the sector gear, so it doesnt eat itself......

okay, i can do that

any suggestions on parts? ive decided on ELEMENT hi speed gears, as a mate has em and theyre going strong, and cos theyre only 15 a set

Comment

you buy nice.....or you buy twice,
                personally id take the advice given,
                you want a insane rof then get decent gears...
                simples
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Parky
                Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

my mates m4 is pumping out 30 rps, at 340 fps, and has been running for AGES on these gears.......

im gunna be at like 270 fps, so......

Comment

Yep i have shot at least 15k rounds with my element gears. And they are like new. Not a problem with them at all.

Comment

my bad, i thought you used some other gears ? and i was about to mention your m4 hunter !
                      sigpic
                      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

oh, i know hunter very well, and his beast of an m4....... MY MP5K MUST BE FASTER THAN HIS M4..........

Comment

yeah im mates with hunter, were always chatting on msn lol...good luck id love to see a uber fast mp5k lol
                          sigpic

Comment

-different piston
                            -hi speed gears
                            -wire it all on deans, the proper ones
                            -14/16 gauge wiring
                            -mosfet
                            -hi voltage battery

im sure people will be able to help you more on the specific makes of parts, but all of those will lead to an increase of r.o.f
                            also cleaning your gearbox and swiss cheesing your piston will help

Comment

Yeah basicly if you go over 30 then thats when you need to stop the pre-engagement and what not. Thats basicly the reason why i don't use a lipo in my m4. It shoots 28rps with a 9.6v battery and a non modded piston, so a lipo would tip it over the edge

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Awesofter Find out more about Awesofter
                              Working...
                              X