Slight motor problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight motor problem...

Hey guys, I have made quite possibly the stupidest mistake in the world...

I have an EG1000 motor... and have managed to drop a screw inside of it! Naturally it has now got stuck inside of, trapped by the magnets. If anybody has a genious solution to get it out, I'm all ears. Yes, I have tried hitting it and tried poking around inside of it, and the outer casing seems to be folded shut with a metal strong enough for me not to be able to unfold it.

Just seems a shame to have to buy a new motor because of something so minor...

So yeah, anyone been as stupid as I have? :P

Re: Slight motor problem...

Can you see the screw? I often borrow my girlfriend's tweezers to pick up stuff that's too small for my fat fingers. A small pair of tweezers will possibly fit through the hole and grab it, especially if you can poke it in that direction.
    Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

Hahaha, i did the same thing with my AUG years ago, it took me hours to work out that it was.
      If it is in reach tweezers will work, but if its stuck in the armature you may have to open the motor can.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

any idea on how to open up an eg1000? seems to be built like a rock...

Comment

ive got a fubar one here, ill have a go now
          Last edited by Awesofter; 16 October, 2009, 00:50. Reason: swore..... my bad

Comment

nope, cant get it apart........ got annoyed so i hammered it to death

Comment

They are a pain to get apart, mainly the motor can tabs and if you don't have the right tools (like me) the pinion as TM's are pressed on.

Ignore the red bit, its just how TM have their med shaft EG1000s, same takedown still applies.

Start by removing the pinion gear, it will take a lot of force, i used pliers but be careful not to damage the pinion teeth.

Next, remove the brush springs.

Unhook the wire and pull the brushes out.

The two screws and the two spring posts do not need removing, the two posts are plastic so don't try to take them out.

Next, the hard part. I don't think i had the right tools for this because it took a lot of work first time. You need to bend the tabs outwards, one on each side.

With tabs bent out, carefully pull the end unit off.

Pull the Armature out

Al the parts out
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bachelarius Find out more about Bachelarius
              Working...
              X