PEQ Baterry Box Issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEQ Baterry Box Issue??

Ive just received my dummy PEQ battery box but my original battery will not fit it!!!!
    Can anyone reccomend a flat LI-PO battery which would fit it.
    My current battery is a 8.4v 1600mah standard cell battery.
    Also are the LI-PO batteries as dangerous as people say?
    Any help would be great & muchly appreciated.

Thank-you in advance

Re: PEQ Baterry Box Issue??

Google 'LiPo explosions' first and see how dangerous they can be, there are plenty of videos. Then google the basics of looking after them, as long as you use the correct charger and do not damage the battery casing in anyway (like puncturing the outside) then LiPo's can be as safe as any other battery you have used before. I read up a lot of information about LiPo's before I started using them and now I dont think I would bother using anything else as they are so much more powerful and smaller so are perfect for smaller guns. Just dont get complacent when you use them, stick to the safty guidlines and you will be fine.

As for your PEQ box, which one do you have, there are many differnet sized boxes out there so its hard to recommend a battery that will fit. I would say the best advice is to contact whom ever your purchased the box from, if they are a decent Airsoft retailer (like Zeroone ) they will have access to batteries and boxes and may be willing to try out a few batteries in the box you purchased, that way they can tell you exactly what fits and what doesnt. I did the same when I was buying my PEQ and battery combo and got some very helpful advice from the retailer. Hope that helps

Comment

i bought a battery box once was a peq box and it didnt fit any batteries includeing my 800mag 7.4 lipo

Comment

LOL, Maybe its hit and miss sometimes. Some sell boxes with batteries already inside so you know its gonna fit. I destroyed my first LiPo trying to squeeze it into place because I was a little impatient, didnt even get to fire off a single shot The ICS PEQ battery box is one of the biggest you can buy. Instead of buying more batteries that may not fit, it might be better off getting a larger PEQ box.

Comment

a quick update.
          I can get my battery to fit but it comes with an extension part that i can only fit with one of the supplied screws!
          Had the screws been threaded all the way down the length of it it would have fit fine but they are only threaded halfway
          It is secure but if i leave the extension off the top of the battery pokes out of the end.....it is perfectly secure it just takes away from the look i wanted lol

Thank-you to all who have replied & given me advice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kruelt Hi my name is Shane.Im 42years old & currently work for Land Rover. I've been airsofting now for nearly 8 years and still love it. I'm married with two little mons......I mean children Find out more about kruelt
          Working...
          X