BBS not firing properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS not firing properly

I have a G&G GR16 with a systema high speed motor and an ultimate gear box fitted, however some of the bbs that come out only fly about 10FT and the rest go their normal distance, i think its about every 2 in 6 bbs that are fired that this happens.

I have no idea why its doing it as the gearbox & motor were brought brand new. i am still using the G&G mags, would that affect it like this? unfortunately none of my friends have an AEG that has M4 mags so i can not try that solution.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Musherz

What bb's are you using ?

It could be the seal between air nozzle and hop rubber

Lastchancers.co.uk
    Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Re: BBS not firing properly

I am using .25's. Okay, how do i ensure that that is the case? and if it is the case how do i go about correcting it?

Musherz

Comment

Sounds like the gearbox is cycling about 1 and a bit times instead of once. So one bb will fire ok then the next one will only get a fraction of a cycle giving it the power of a gnats fart. The g&g gearbox and motor is alright just put it back in. Its the hop on those that want replacing. Its cheaper too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

okay, well i accidentally destroyed my G&G motor and gearbox.... so..... i am stuck with the ones i have in my gun currently :L

Comment

i did have to replace the spring in the gearbox, maybe i didnt put the gear back in the correct place? (they are in the right order, but maybe the gears arent timing properly)

Comment

what battery are you using
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

8.4v

Comment

Originally posted by musherz View Post
                  i did have to replace the spring in the gearbox, maybe i didnt put the gear back in the correct place? (they are in the right order, but maybe the gears arent timing properly)
                  I'm pretty sure you can't "mis-time" the gears. If you didn't put them back right, it wouldn't work at all.

Comment

i have the exact same problem with one of my m4s and fixing it is a nightmare! i have changed barrels, hop units, hot rubbers. works fantastic one mag then reload rewind. and it starts all over again. i have noticed giving the nozzle a good clean helps but eventually after a few shots it still does it. upto now i still have not found the cause but when i open the gearbox up again ill try glue the nozzle to the tappet plate to stop any wobble.

Comment

Right had a good think on this and I'm prety sure it's the bevel gear, it will prob only have 2 stops for the anti reversal latch , you want one with 5+

Lastchancers.co.uk
                      Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Okay thanks, I will look at it tomorrow and tell you what I have found

Comment

it has 6 or 7, cant remember now :L

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

musherz Find out more about musherz
                          Working...
                          X