Guarder Springs - Can't trust Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder Springs - Can't trust Ratings

I'm trying to get FPS levels down to around 328fps (because it's the 'law' here). :-/

Guarder springs I swear by - but there's so much conflicting info around about their power. Some say an SP90 is for 280/290, some say they'll do 310/330, some say an SP100 is for 328.

Now, I always thought that Guarder's springs were based on MetresPS therefore: SP100(m) = 330fps, SP110(m) = 363fps SP150(m) = 495fps.

So which is it? Anyone know the correct 'aimed-for' FPS of Guarder springs?

Re: Guarder Springs - Can't trust Ratings

Im sure they are MPS, however guarder tend to be a little warmer than others, they hit quite hard.

As a question, where are you based?
    As England, Scotland and Wales dont have this '328fps law'
    I think Ireland does though doesnt it?
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah, NI. It's a "firearm" here over 328. :-/ I'm not going to lose sleep if it's 10% over, just need to know which.

Comment

i beleive they're meant to be mps ratings however they're i believe a bit hot, also people just dont want to accept that they have airseal problem, and others don't, accounting for the large range in power, however found this something reliable to go by whenever chosing spring;

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=...ring_guide.htm

Comment

I had a guarder SP90 in an M4 with a 10.5" barrel with near perfect airseal doing 315 which in theory should have been 295. An SPR I had with an SP120 was clocking 420 rather than the theoretical 393.

I've not had a guarder spring since then, but If I were legally required to keep it under 328 I'd go for an SP90 and make sure to maximise the efficiency of the system.

Comment

they are set at mps but gaurder calibrate their springs for .25 bb,s not .20 that why they always shoot higher.
            some of the hk sites that sell them also state this aswell.
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

as mentioned the m rating rule usually works but guarders are a little hot, you get conflicting results on the net becuase everyones guns different.

Id start with an sp90 then if its a little low use a spring guide or full cylinder to up the fps a little. A general rule is a working aftermarket parts can increase power by 3% on top of you normal working gun so it can be a nice way to bump oyur fps if the m90s low. Same technic in reverse works for the m100 if its hot.

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                they are set at mps but gaurder calibrate their springs for .25 bb,s not .20 that why they always shoot higher.
                some of the hk sites that sell them also state this aswell.
                So, looks like an SP90 is a 1J spring.

328fps w/.20g = 293fps w/.25g (90m/s = 297fps).

Cheers!

Comment

Guarder Springs always run hot, even the new ones. The SP90 normally settles to 1J in a well balanced setup. You can push for more with careful optimism. I've had 394fps w/.20g from an SP100 that was turning out sub 350's in a JG MP5. The spring is just one part, if you optimize the whole compression assembly for a set weight, you would have a more efficient setup all round. After all, why just continue to up the spring rate when there are so many other areas that can be looked at. I think Guarder/Modify probably make their springs deliberately hot so that users with a poorly optimized setup don't end up disappointed.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

Definitely the case. I've had to downgrade all my AEGs to sub 328fps since moving to NI but I'm struggling. My L85 was firing 370-390 with an SP110 so I put in a slightly stretched SP100 and it's 310-330. My Diemaco was firing 390-410 and now with a standard SP90 it's still 320-350. I'm hoping sites will allow a little deviation or I'm f*****...
                    Last edited by sj_asc; 13 January, 2012, 23:21. Reason: Language ;)

Comment

How would I reduce FPS further without drilling holes in shit n' stuff?

Comment

Cheats way and lop a coil or 2 off is one way.
                        Ive heard that thats not the most recommended option though.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That's what I did in the end. Now hovering a whisker above 330, hopefully she'll bed-in a little before a chrono at a game site.

Mind you, if their chrono is more sensitive than mine....

You just can't win.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                          Working...
                          X