Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Ideas on my new AEG's builds.

Hello,

Thought I’d post here to get some thoughts/ideas on a build that I’m planning soon.

I plan on building 2 AEG’s, the first one is nothing special, I am just after a reliable AEG that I can always depend on. The second AEG I’m planning on making a ROF monster, not planning on breaking any records, just want a solid high rof AEG.

These are the parts that I’m planning on using, this is all subject to change.

AEG 1 (350fps, normal rof, and r-hop)

G&P CAR15 donor gun
    Prowin 8mm Gearbox
    Raptor Mosfet
    RIOTSG non-dsg gearset
    G&P M120 motor
    Madbull barrel
    R-Hop
    G&P 11.1 Volt Lipo, (using the raptor to control rof)

AEG 2 (320fps, 50rps)

G&P Zombie killer body
    Prowin 8mm Gearbox
    Raptor Mosfet
    RIOTSG dsg gearset
    SHS Ultra torque motor
    Modify Hybrid barrel
    11.1 Volt Lipo

I’m not sure about the Prowin gearboxes, as I don’t have them yet (bought from these boards and on their way) so not sure how much fitting they require, or if Riot’s gears will fit these boxes nicely.

Also not sure what pistons to use, what do people recommend? Is there anything else you guys can see, or anything else to add to help me out.

Make sure it's metal toothed piston obviously. Go for a double sealed piston head if you can get one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk because I'm a bad mother...

Comment

Re: Help/Ideas on my new AEG's builds.

Hmm, why the G&P parts in the first gun? The lipo and motor? I would not use them personally, especially the lipo. Airsoft lipos tend to be pretty weedy.

As for the DSG piston, the lighter, the better. Also, make sure that it has the metal tooth in the right place. Also be ready to use a heavier spring to achieve the correct fps on it.

Also, from what I have read about the prowins... they are tricky. Very tough, but are hard to fit, but I don't have first hand experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by beverage View Post
        Make sure it's metal toothed piston obviously. Go for a double sealed piston head if you can get one.

personally would completely disagree w/ that, might as well have a mechanical fuse in there, if something goes wrong w/ a full metal toothed piston shits going to get ugly on your gears etc if something goes wrong.

Comment

Got your PM, Ill get back to you later. Here's a few threads that might be of some use. I have both generations of Prowin boxes from new and have used Danny's gears in them, Both Single and Dual Sector also Gen 1 and 2. There are quite a few differences between both boxes, so give me a shout if you get stuck or need advice.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ghlight=prowin
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ghlight=prowin
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
            personally would completely disagree w/ that, might as well have a mechanical fuse in there, if something goes wrong w/ a full metal toothed piston shits going to get ugly on your gears etc if something goes wrong.
            Depends if he wants to put up with the 'fuse' going every 2 or 3 games really. Looking at his shopping list I wouldn't say a new set of gears is going to be a problem is it? I dunno really that's why it hard to give advice on here. Personally I would just buy a gun, use it, break it, fix it (upgrading the broken bit) and repeat cycle. I don't particularly see the point in taking perfectly good parts out and replacing them with upgrades anyway. I've never seen anything more than a negligible advantage come from these so called upgrades people buy.

Comment

I wouldnt have a full metal rack in there either, id rather my piston strip than my dsg. Also im not sure a raptor will be effecient with rof that high although i may be wrong. I think it may heat up pretty fast though.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replys and help everyone, this is a great help for me.

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
                Hmm, why the G&P parts in the first gun? The lipo and motor? I would not use them personally, especially the lipo. Airsoft lipos tend to be pretty weedy.
                The reason I'm using the G&P stuff in the first gun is because that's what I have at the moment, it might be replaced at a later date, but for the time being I might as well use what I have.

I'm not sure about using a metal toothed piston either, and at the moment I'm not planning on using one. My reason behind it is because if there is a problem I'd much perfer the piston to break rather than my gears, also with teh Prowin box it's quite easy to change a piston.

I like the Raptor because it's inside the box, from what I've read the Raptor can handle more load than the ASCU mosfet but since I don't think I'll be pushing it too much at 50rps I hope that the Raptor will be fine. I guess we'll see if it works or not.

Comment

Yeah, thought so about the g&p stuff, that's fair enough. If you are using Riot's gears, you probably could easily get away with a metal toothed piston, and the gears will be unscathed. Problem with them is usually the way the racks are attached to the piston itself and the way they fail is by breaking off the back off of the piston. I say just make sure that the release tooth is metal and leave it at that, for both builds.

Comment

Hello,

A quick update of this, I ended up building 3 guns, still not 100% finished yet as I'm still waiting for one or two parts. I'm in the ball park of where I wanted to be.

Lets start out with the original build. This is my PTW-standard gun, and main backup rifle as I hope it’s as reliable as a AEG can be.

G&P Car15
                    Pro Win 8mm Gearbox
                    Speed adjustable trigger
                    AWS Raptor Mosfet
                    RiotSG Standard ratio steal gears
                    SHS piston
                    SHS M110 Spring
                    Pro Win Alu Piston head
                    Pro Win Spring Guide
                    Pro Win Cylinder
                    Pro Win Cylinder Head
                    Pro Win nozzle
                    Tanio Kobas Twist Barrel
                    G&P M120 motor
                    R Hop

R Hop is not quite finished yet, so I also take a standard barrel with me for skirmishes until I’ve got the R Hop working, even with a standard barrel range is very good. ROF is right where I wanted, at approx 15rps.

Next up is my stupid, crazy ROF build, I made this to challenge myself and see if I could. I have made the externals a tiny bit unique than a standard M4, but it still quite subtle. This won’t be used on the field much, but will be brought out once in a while.

G&P Zombie Killer Body
                    G&P M4 front
                    G&P M16a2 butt stock
                    CA Pistol grip
                    Anti Walk out pins
                    Madbull Daniels Defense rails
                    Pro Win 8mm Gearbox
                    Speed adjustable trigger
                    Midas High power Mosfet
                    RiotSG DSG steal gears
                    SHS piston
                    SHS M140 Spring
                    SHS Spring guide
                    Element piston head
                    Modify cylinder
                    Modify cylinder head
                    Modify Nozzle
                    Modify Hybrind barrel
                    TerminusX motor

Basically done and complete, just need a little bit of time getting the externals 100% right. Might add a R-Hop to this once I’ve got it perfected on the Car15.

Last one is basically built from the spare parts I had left over from building the other 2. Haven’t really spent much time with this one, and I’ve got a feeling that one or two of the parts might change, as it will be used as a testing gun.

Dboys body
                    CA M4 front
                    Soccom stock
                    Magpul copy pistol grip
                    TM Rail
                    G&P Gearbox
                    Speed adjustable trigger
                    AWS Raptor mosfet
                    SHS 13:1 gears
                    SHS Piston
                    SHS M100 spring
                    SHS Spring guide
                    SHS Alu piston head
                    G&P Cylinder
                    G&P Cylinder
                    G&P Nozzle
                    Tanio Kobas Twist Barrel
                    SHS High torque motor
                    R Hop

I’ve learnt a lot from building these 3 guns, it was a lot of fun too If anyone’s got any questions, as to why I used which part, or any suggestions to make my builds better please ask.

Comment

Too late to edit, but here is a picture of the Zombie Killer.

Still a little external work needed, but nearly there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

happyal Hello Find out more about happyal
                      Working...
                      X