Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma AK single shot dry firing issue.

Hi all,

I bought a Cyma AK 47 a while ago and it came with a fault wherein it wouldn't fire on semi auto every half dozen shots. You'd pull the trigger and the motor wouldn't even whir, but then pull it again and it would be fine. Occasionally the issue would occur and subsequant trigger pulls wouldn't do anything, though all you needed to do to get it working again was to switch to full auto then back to semi.

Looking online I found a potential cause where the selector plate doesn't always function properly due to an issue with a washer under the selector switch screw. Basically there's a screw that holds on the the selector switch, under which there is a washer seperating it from the selector switch itself. This washer has cog teeth on the inside edge, which are supposed to angle up at roughtly 45 degrees to the washer itself. These can become flattened over time and this supposedly causes the issue.

I say supposedly as when I performed this fix it seemed to work for a good few months without fault, however I recently sold the rifle via this forum and the new owner is reporting the fault as having returned. Needless to say I am gutted and am trying my best to get this resolved for him, as the last thing I want is for him to walk away unhappy.

I explained to him how to perform the fix I used last time and this unfortunately didn't work this time.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Cheers guys,

Dan
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

As you have already said it is defo a selector issue. Tell him to stop being and girl and use it how mr kaleshnikov would have wanted! Full Auto.

On a serious note without looking its hard to diagnose but I would say have the gear box out and have a look at the selector plate. I know it's annoying but you can try putting it to full auto and back again and fiddling that way. That sometimes works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk because I'm a bad mother...

Comment

Re: Cyma AK single shot dry firing issue.

Anyone else have any further ideas/experience with this fault?
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
      Working...
      X