Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Where can I buy a brand new P90 gearbox from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy a brand new P90 gearbox from?

Keep having trouble with my TM P90.

The 15 amp fuses kept blowing and despite lots and lots of days taking the whole gun apart testing the wiring, connections, motor gears etc etc I'm still having trouble with it.

The ONLY thing I could find wrong was that the fuse wire glowed every time I pulled the trigger hence why they kept blowin during games. I don't think it has anything to do with the gear box as the fuse wire still glows on each trigger pull when I only have the motor, trigger connectors and battery connected up.

Any Ideas?

My final option is to just buy a complete new gearbox/motor/trigger connector/wire assembly and have done with it but I can't find anyone who sells a brand new TM one
    Wanted:
    A decent chronograph

Re: Where can I buy a brand new P90 gearbox from?

sounds like trigger contacts if you have definently checked everything! you wont need a new gearbox.. double check everything else then see if the trigger contacts are going down to the gearbox casing?

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

The trigger contacts do look slightly singed but that's like all other trigger contacts I've seen.

The trigger connectors are in a seperate plastic casing away from the metal case of the gearbox in a P90 and the wires aren't compromised along their length for there to be a short circuit with the gear box. So I doubt it's that ...
      Wanted:
      A decent chronograph

Comment

A new gearbox will almost certainly just be a big waste of time/money!

To be honest, just run it without the fuse.

Comment

two things that will cause this are overshimmed gearbox (too tight) or if this hasnt been touched motor armature failing reducing torque but increasing current pull causing fuse to glow.
          p.s double check your fuse ratings as they can be hard to read at the best of times
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            A new gearbox will almost certainly just be a big waste of time/money!

To be honest, just run it without the fuse.
            exactly.. gearboxes are mechanical nothing really electrical ( apart from trigger contacts ) so it deffo not worth buying a new one.. unless the shell is derformed making the motor harder to pull! you sure its not clamping down on any wires or anything? get some wet and dry and clean those trigger contacts up too

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I've already had a big discussion about omitting fuses and I'd prefer to keep one as a fail safe to stop more serious damage so I prefer not to go down that route.

The gun was secondhand off someone else and already had metal bearings inserted so the previous owner must have been in the gearbox to fit them. The washers are all in the correct positions according to the manual but I guess some new bearing might have made it too tight - I hadn't really thought of the metal bearing being a different size to the plastic originals.

So I guess that could be causing increased pressure on the motor hence glowing fuse wire.

Would you recommend a more powerful motor in that case?...
              Wanted:
              A decent chronograph

Comment

In fact if the shims are too tight a more poerful motor isn't a good idea!!!

Where can I buy new shims from? Halfords or something?
                Wanted:
                A decent chronograph

Comment

no check the shimming, strip gearbox remove piston and reasemble with motor removed then check gears move freely ,if not shimming has been overdone
                  m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

By the sounds of it, you need somebody to look at this for you. Shims are used to fill the spaces, and how many you need either side of each individual gear will be judged by careful trial and error.

Ask about at your local site is my advice.

Incorrectly shimmed gearbox can be the quickest way to eating a gearset and piston. Very expensive!

Comment

Cool I'll try that in the next hour or so...
                      Wanted:
                      A decent chronograph

Comment

Why not buy the ACM P90 Gearbox? If you type in P90 on Ebay, select the category Sporting Goods - and check for something around £50 that would do the job.

Some of their internals are better, so you could just swap them over.

Regards.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grantos Find out more about Grantos
                        Working...
                        X