Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Which Gearbox do you hate working on the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Gearbox do you hate working on the most?

Which type of Gearbox do you hate working on the most and why?
    v1
    3.03%
    v2
    42.42%
    v3
    24.24%
    Other (please state)
    30.30%

All of them

Because I have no patience!

Comment

Re: Which Gearbox do you hate working on the most?

Yamaha RD250 DX.... I can practically whistle an AEG gearbox back together compared to a flipping Yamaha gearbox with all of those flipping reverse threads and wacky tolerances- plus 2-stroke gearbox oil stinks like cat wee.
      Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

ver 2, hate getting those wires to sit in properly and then the stupid spring guide also :@

Comment

v3 g36 gear box.. The trigger and the anti reverse latch tend to want to leave the gearbox at the wrong time just as your closing it .

Comment

I mean, would it be fantasy to ask that manufacturers start using v2/v3 gearboxes with quick spring-change functionality? We've sent men to the moon, FFS.

Comment

everything that is wrong with V2-3 is easily solved... anti-latch think greese, wires superglue... Version 7.. is rather hard/confusing to begin.. and still is... but the worst for me has got to be my Version 2 Pro-win gearbox, simply because its picky on parts.. but it is also nice to work on.... :P .. don't really hate.. haha :D

Comment

Originally posted by Andy8746 View Post
                v3 g36 gear box.. The trigger and the anti reverse latch tend to want to leave the gearbox at the wrong time just as your closing it .
                This.

Although I don't have a problem with the ARL, it's the stupid 2 piece trigger assembly that ruins it for me. It makes me a sad panda. Noone likes sad panda.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

V2 in an mp5 sliding stock body. its a friggin nightmare of fiddly mp5 bits each time you take it appart then put it back together, just to find that the spring change didn't do what you expected. It feels like very time you open up an MP5 its like taking away a cat's life. ( on the flip side the ics mx5 pro boxes are a piece of piss).
                  The next up would be the ares lsw box as the hop fits inside the front of the mech. The reason being putting all that shit together requires proping up the inner barrel so it doesn't flip out he hop. The box itself is a doddle internally as its tough and the qd spring makes it so much easier.

Comment

A v7 without a doubt.... Ca, tm, not so bad, but G&G or agm tat v7's are shockingly bad for air loss, and it's sods law that some noob wants it upgraded to dmr because they have no patience or skill to use a bolt action, and think upgrading thier cheap assed m14 will make them vastly zaytsev....

Comment

everything that is wrong with V2-3 is easily solved... anti-latch think greese, wires superglue... Version 7.. is rather hard/confusing to begin.. and still is... but the worst for me has got to be my Version 2 Pro-win gearbox, simply because its picky on parts.. but it is also nice to work on.... :P .. don't really hate.. haha :D

Comment

are we all forgetting a V4 lol

Comment

I get the feeling in a years time it will be he magpul masada gearboxes ,unless someone starts making spares/replacements for the proprietory parts.

Comment

ive been rocking an old star v3 gearbox in my g36 for years and that has a quick spring change port on the back.
                            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

i hate the V2 due to the fact the motor can be a pain in the arse

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                              Working...
                              X