help identifying a part and what it does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help identifying a part and what it does

Long lever running along the side of version 6 gearbox, looks like something to do with the trigger mechanism where the front end rests, the other end is broken off which has a small spring attached that rests in the gap by the bushings.

Just wondered what it does and how it will affect my gun in its current state?

sigpic
    Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Re: help identifying a part and what it does

Looks like selector switch u think
    Main arm
    M4 G+P.
    MP5 with silencer

Side arms
    Full Sig marked P226 GBB

Comment

It's the cut off lever for semi auto.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Cut off lever, often gets damaged on the P90 gearbox. It's part of making the gearbox either do semi or auto.

Comment

Thanks guys,

next thing is do you think it can be repaired? I have the broken piece and the tiny spring.
          sigpic
          Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

Yes they are quite fragile, like the aug they aren't physically disengaged when full auto is selected so they are always taking a beating even if not under load. Worst that will happen is you probably won't have semi auto. Prometheus do CNC Ally replacement V6 Levers.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Any ideas where to get a replacement from though? As i believe this is the problem with my P90 gear box and the semi and auto fire.

Comment

It seems even when its on semi position on the selector switch it goes through to auto if pulled right down, do you think if I taped the lever in the down or up position I would be able to use it on semi again as a temporary fix until the part arrives? Or does it need to be able to move?

Maybe I could temporarily lock it to semi by blocking the auto point?

Its just the next few games I'm going to are cqb semi only and I don't want the trigger going to far and full auto someone too close.
                sigpic

Comment

It needs to be able to move as it's not a selector, it's more of a prodder. It NEEDS that spring, as the gear knocks it on one end, that disengages the semi trigger contact and resets it, ready for the next semi shot. If the lever does not move or reset, it cannot cut off the semi.

All FA does is bypass this set of contacts, which currently do not work, and spins the motor. It's not that full auto is overriding semi, it's that semi flat out will not work without a working cutoff lever.

Comment

I gotcha so even the the bit that's snapped off by the bushings has a part to play in semi mode, so the gears reset it? Very clever. Thanks guys
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                      Yes they are quite fragile, like the aug they aren't physically disengaged when full auto is selected so they are always taking a beating even if not under load. Worst that will happen is you probably won't have semi auto. Prometheus do CNC Ally replacement V6 Levers.
                      After some hardcore googling there was not a lot of choice so i went with the Prometheus reinforced lever in the end, did find another brand a bit cheaper but the shipping was a bit insane.

thanks again for every ones help
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dude666fx Airsoft and then some Find out more about Dude666fx
                      Working...
                      X