Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify a problem - ICS M4.

Hello there chaps,

i'm currently having a problem with one of my ICS M4's , quite an unusual one.

When firing my ICS M4A1 - the first BB drops out VERY short, the next a little further, and after that it eventually gets up to its normal firing range with each BB arcing up more.

I can say i recently changed the spring in my upper gear box. I've not experienced a problem like this before, i have completely checked the hop up , its all put together and is working properly.

UPDATE - I've noticed that firing completely stationary - the rifle will fire seemingly perfectly, if i shake the gun about abit , it will 100% cause the aforementioned problem, the bb fires and goes literally 10 or so feet, but upon continuation of firing appears to start firing normally.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Rich
    sigpic

Re: Help Identify a problem - ICS M4.

that is massive hop creep

time to replace the hop unit mate,

you may have looked over the hop unit yourself and it seems fine, but that is hop creeping

it fires like no hop of full hop then unwinds and starts to level out until you move around again

Comment

Originally posted by RCW05 View Post
      When firing my ICS M4A1 - the first BB drops out VERY short, the next a little further, and after that it eventually gets up to its normal firing range with each BB arcing up more.
      So your saying the hop is creeping ON?

I would have said BBs hitting the outer barrel/flashider myself

Comment

before you dive into ripping the gun apart... where do you keep it?? / when are you firing it.. as this time of year the hop is massivly affected by the cold weather.. my hop does.. but in summer its fine. but if its arcing up more than it should ( massive massive arcing) you could replacing the hop packing ( it what gear pushed down to give hop) to something softer. or replace the hop rubber.

Comment

Ok - what im saying is, the first bullet literally rolls out of the barrel on occasion, then gets more and more up to normal firing as you continue to fire. By me saying it was arcing, was meant to show that its finally up to the fps to which the hop up is actually having an affect, sorry didnt explain very well. I've dismantled the hop and put it back together and it seems fine. Could you explain what hop creeping is? and what causes it? - its been happening indoors - outdoors, no difference where. this problem is driving me up the wall haha.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah and again i forgot to mention - all the firing was done with the hop fully turned on - i did this so i would know when it was up to normal FPS (the bullet arcing)
            sigpic

Comment

Ok bit of an update, it appears with the help of a combination of all of your inputs - that i may have fixed this problem - BUT i need to wait till the daytime where i can properly see the consistancy of the bullets to be able to tell.

Ta!

Rich
              sigpic

Comment

Fixed it!

Thanks alot for all your help

Closing thread.
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse