Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some GB/Motor questions

Hey guys,

I need some help with a few questions about a gearbox I have here, currently the gearbox doesn't work, hence the rather basic questions. Anyway I'll start straight away:

Q1) As you can see in the first two attached pictures, the red wire has a nick on it which exposes the wiring underneath. This wire is the red wire that attaches to the motor. I was wondering whether I would be able to leave this wire as it is and whether it will still work, or will I need to rewire the gearbox?

Q2) The third attached pic shows the battery wire, which is rear-wired. Now in order to reach the batt in the crane stock I added a length of wire to the stock rear wiring. I just soldered the two wires together and wrapped some electrical tape around it, well I am not entirely sure it is electrical tape, but I think it is. The wire I used is 16AWG with silicon tubeing. I was just wondering whether it is safe/whether it will still work due to the fact I used a different type of wire? Or are there any problems that may arise from doing that?

Q3) The next question is about piston/cylinder compression. In order to decide which piston had the best seal/compression I held my finger over the end of the cylinder and tried to push the piston in from the other side. Pretty much the one that was hardest to push in I deemed to have the best seal and thus chose that one.

I was just wondering whether this is an accurate way of deciding, as the results were not as expected, as the element ball bearing one was extremely easy to push in but a CA reinforced one was near impossible, well I didn't dare push that hard.

Also is it a good idea to pic the piston with the best seal/hardest to push in?

Q4) My next question is about Hop bucking choice. I have a G&P one piece metal hop. I chose the guarder clear bucking over the G&P bucking that came with the hop. For a 330-340 fps set up, does that sound like a good choice? The G&P bucking also has a metal ring, if that helps at all.

Phew, bit of an essay there, sorry about that

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks in advance,

Taylorb
    Last edited by Taylorb; 18 October, 2009, 16:59.
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

About the Author

Collapse

Taylorb Find out more about Taylorb
Working...
X