Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

how easy is it to fit a v2 gearbox to a dboys pdw ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how easy is it to fit a v2 gearbox to a dboys pdw ?

I`m going to have a new dsg gearbox fitted to my Vltor so I`m going to have a spare 7mm KA gearbox set up with modify dsg gears should be running at 300fps and 42rps on a 7.4v battery with a shs ut motor.

So when I`m having my vltor gearbox built and swapped over I`m going to have it front wired and I wanted to stick it in a compact easy to carry spare gun also the dboys pdw is very affordable.

So anyone got any clues as to how easy it is to stick a v2 gearbox into a dboys pdw ? I know they use a short motor but I`m not sure if the selector switch parts and stuff will fit it ?

As for the battery I hate them peq packs so I think I`ll rip the guts out of a mag and use a FAB mag holder on the rail and stuff a 7.4v lipo in there I guess it should hit around 35 to 38rps with the dboys motor.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Re: how easy is it to fit a v2 gearbox to a dboys pdw ?

its a drop in unit , the vfc and dboys use a metal selector plate just rob them parts and use on your gb , if you want to use your shs motor just use a full size m4 type pistol grip
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I'm sure the dboys v2 case has a couple of differences, including the mountings for the selector/cog system it used for the ambidextrous fire selector.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

All v2 shells have the indents for the lower selector gears the other 2 just free float ( 1 under the selector plate )
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Ok cool the issue is that a normal gearbox would be no problem for me to take apart and swap over the selector plate but this gearbox would be a 7mm KA with a dsg rig up and I really struggle to close them up as I just can`t control the spring with that much compression on it to get the gearbox shut.

So looks like I`ll need to pay someone to swap them over.

So I spoke to midas and he`s busy with real work at the moment.

Anyone know anyone good who does gearbox work ? what I need is a 9mm gearbox and siegetek dsg all the other parts I have, it should just need a spring, mosfet and wiring maybe a selector plate built up to go in my KA vltor.

Then my current dsg gearbox (7mm ka with modify gears) re-wired to front wire and the spring upgraded as its just getting 270fps at the moment and I`d like atleast 310fps then when I get the pdw if I don`t feel like I can change the parts over I`ll just send the 2 gearbox`s to that same person to have him change the bits over.

Oh and no I think I`d keep the pdw with the short type motor I have a gas pdw and really like there grip so if anything I`d spend £20 to £30 on a new short type motor but as long as the pdw is getting north of 35rps on a 7.4v I think that will do as once the new gearbox is in the vltor it should be getting over 45rps @ 340fps on a 7.4v and if I really want to be an idiot then the siegetek gears should be able to take an 11.1v bat as long as the spring can return the piston in time.

I just have no luck getting dsg`s back together as I can`t control the spring must be down to my slight torrents or something a normal v2 set up is pretty easy till I get to an m130 or bigger size spring.

So yeah anyone know anyone good at dsg work who lives not too far from london and won`t pull my pants down over the price ?

Cheers
          sigpic

Comment

Did you ever work this out? can a standard V2 gearbox go into a PDW? if you lose the selector switch?
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

The tech I gave it to machined the gearbox casing and got it to fit

but I`ve not got the gun back yet so I can`t put up any pics or anything lol
              sigpic

Comment

Who fixed it? And how much?
                FOR SALE

Comment

Phil aka thatblokewiththescar could not quote you a price as I`ve not got it back yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

any word on this>
                    If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Mine fitted in fine..
                      Though the selctor switch on the right got plugged up
                      FOR SALE

Comment

Awesome thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        If it was an eye for a eye,the whole world would be blind

Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thekonassure Find out more about thekonassure
                        Working...
                        X