Air Seal or somthing else wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Seal or somthing else wrong

Ok, recently i re-done the gearbox of my STAR L85 A2, this is what it had in it before the upgrades

STAR Plastic Blowback gearbox
    Guarder High Speed Gears Ver 2/3
    Deep Fire titanium full tooth piston
    STAR L85 Bearing Spring Guide
    Guarder SP120 spring
    Guarder vented piston head with bearings
    Systema Turbo Motor
    STAR Cylinder
    STAR Cylinder Head
    STAR Tappet Plate
    STAR Air Nozzle

Ok, now, recently i've done this to it

Swapped STAR Plastic Blowback gearbox for a ARES Metal gearbox
    Guarder High Speed Gears Ver 2/3
    Deep Fire titanium full tooth piston
    STAR L85 Bearing Spring Guide
    Guarder SP120 spring
    Swapped Guarder vented piston head with bearing support Prometheus metal piston head with bearing support
    Systema Turbo Motor
    Swapped STAR Cylinder for a Prometheus Type A
    Swapped STAR Cylinder Head for a ARES stainless steal cylinder head
    STAR Tappet Plate
    Swapped STAR Air Nozzle for a ARES stainless steal air nozzle

now after the re-work i had some problems with the wire connections, however a trip to maplin i got new cable and shrink cable etc so its all working, so its all back in the gun today, and i do a test shoot on single fire, everything's ok, until i notice, why is there no ping every so often, i realise this is a misfire, i then switch to full auto, and again it shoots maybe 1 or 2 bb's then dry fires, i stop, re-do it same again.

I can narrow it down to it looking like the nozzle doesn't come all the way back to let bb's into the chamber, now i've narrowed it down to this, and need advice from PROS who can quickly tell me which it is.

1. Could it be the nozzle isn't coming back all the way because the gearbox is too fast? In which case would a tappet plate delayor do the job?
    2. Could it be the STAR and ARES hop up's are slightly different?
    3. Would a stronger spring i.e sp130 slow it down slightly?
    4. Send it away for repair as its doing my head in!

Im going to try the orginal air nozzle and see what happens tomorrow, however i would rather use the metal one so please can someone tell how to get this up and running!

Thanks
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Re: Air Seal or somthing else wrong

Firstly, are the two nozzles the same? Is this something you checked when you started? Just for example the MP5 nozzle on the B&T versions does seem to cause issues with the ICS/TM versions!

There is no reason why the nozzle would not come all the way back, as it is linked to the gears. So really it has no choice! :D

SP130 spring?! Are you mad?! I hope you get it crono'd before taking it on site with the current spring. That's going to be pushing out in excess of 400fps! M105 is pretty much the highest spring which will keep you site friendly.

Two things I'd try first would be check the mags, finding something to feed that kind of set up can be a challenge. In my MP5 mags I'm now silicone dropping before each skirmish to make them feed fast enough.

Second, swap in a lower rated spring. On a high rof set up, a M100 is going to give better results, as it is quicker to move the piston back. There is always the chance the current spring is pushing that piston forward so fast it is hitting the BB on the way up from the mag and not allowing it into the chamber.

Comment

the mags all worked before on he last setup and worked fine

just tryed the lower tension spring, still no joy
      Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

You tried swapping that nozzle back? I actually have no idea what benefit a metal nozzle could have over a plastic one :D

It's not a part that will ever wear out!

Comment

no idea 2bh but the ways i see it is i paid to get it so hell am gona use it lol

i changed the spring, not the nozzle, i may do that just now though to see what the problem is, if it is the nozzle would a tappet plate delayer hold the nozzle back a little longer?

Comment

Not sure about that, not something I've used before.

But if the plastic one works... If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Comment

duely noted mate, cheers for the help so far, just makes no sense at all! works on single fire except from the odd few, and it works at the beginning of full auto then dry fires....

Comment

try holding the mag pushing it forward... sounds strange but mine is having feeding issues too.. but when i watch it it doesent look like the nozzle isent coming back either.. yet if i hold the mag forwards it will never missfire a shot so it must be moving to fast!

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

tappet plate delay and its all fixed ti would seem, as for the nozzle, its 2mm bigger however, if u notice on the star nozzle it doesn't come all the way back by 2mm but the ares does so its in theory the same size.

nightmare of a gun man

Comment

Chandler that sounds like a hop up misalignment mate, happened to my mates HK416

Comment

yeah i know just fitted a metal hopup unit that needed filing down to even fit! was just a bit big and now its a pain to shoot! spend half the day holding my mag in place lol.. i think i might need to pack it back a touch with a washer.. sometime it works flawlessly though damn thing

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

i'd suggest tryin a different hop...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garf3r the pen is mighter than the sword... but a bullet silences the writer Find out more about Garf3r
                        Working...
                        X