Ares NBB G36 gearbox seased, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares NBB G36 gearbox seased, please help

Hey guys, as above my G36k has seased up, it was firing fine and abruptly stopped, first game since i got it second hand. i have the gearbox and pistol grip assembly out and battery hooked up, i can hear it trying to fire but the gears dont cycle, have charged my batts, double checked its not low charge.

SO. my big question is: can this be fixed without 'going in' cuz i WILL break it if i try. Is there a way to reset the gears or something im missing?

Also i have noticed this gun is missing 2 screws, the one that goes in the bottom of the pistol grip and the one that goes in the back when the stock is folded, how essential are either of these? not complaining its second hand you get what you get!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jockjay
    Foxtrot Oscar

Re: Ares NBB G36 gearbox seased, please help

been running this very gearbox for over a year now and they are 1 of the best to work on !

if your lucky its a lock up ( not had 1 on a ares v3 yet..) remove the gearbox from the lower body , now on the selector side of the gearbox you will see a hole near the bottom bearing ( bevel gear bearing) if you look in the hole your AR latch is there , just use something to release the AR latch and the gear box should then unwind to its home position.

then retest the gearbox as it is if it jams up or does not wind back with the AR disengaged you have a broken part
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

cheers for the advice, quick one im a tech mong do you want me to get the gb out of the pistol grip when u say 'lower body' or can i see the AR with the grip still on?? sorry, tech mong here!
      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

hang on, found it. so. ive clicked teh AR back into place, when i pull the trigger the motor fires up and the lever clicks back to it position without the gears cycling :9 oh dear how much do g36 GB's cost?
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

hehe not a problem , yes the gearbox needs to come out of the pistol grip part

there is a single pin holding it in placejust infront of the trigger , push that out and the gearbox will be free to move ( as you have said the large screw in the grip was missing)

as you start to pull the gb out set the selectors to semi and it should wiggle out

Comment

ow.....motor is hot
            Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

stop pulling the trigger !! ,

you do not need to buy a new gearbox , you just need to get in there and find out what the fault is

this gearbox is super simple to work on its silly , the fastest i have swapped a piston on it was around 6-7min from full gun stripped and rebuilt

let me finish doing these bits on a sig552 and i will strip mine down with photos for you

Comment

ok mate, i went into an m4 GB before and it went boing, lost all confidence.... but i am more than up for having a go at this. If its not too much trouble like.
                Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Before you go opening the gearbox check the motor height as it may be too high into the gearbox, once you get the grip off look at the base of the motor cage and try adjusting the little screw and see if it helps.

This guide can help if you do decide to go balls deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehNh7xpCgI
                  > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

by little screw do you mean the one that transects both halves of the cage or the little allen key going up under the motor?
                    Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

The little allen bolt under motor cage at the very bottom.
                      > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

its ok found it, i have made sure motor is alligned wit the gear it engages and still no boom boom
                        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

ok drake using that video and so far so good, BUT im putting it back together and in the piston a black 'donut' fell out and it is NOT in that video i think it fell out from between the piston head and teh metal bit the piston goes into (soooo sorry about my terminology). any ideas where i should put it?
                          also my spring is not connected to the piston....ok bit further in now, tried to put it back together, boing. now lots of little trigger bits are everywhere which are not in this video....
                          Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

the gearbox in the vid is for tm,ca,jg types of g36 the ares g36 will have a micro switch and lever so it a little different ( main spring can be left to the last job )

when you say the "donut" fell out i am thinking your talking about your " O" ring , it should be fitted to the end of the piston

leave the motor and micro switch till the gb is all back together

only trigger parts you should have are :

small spring
                            little black lever
                            trigger + trigger spring and a silver part that fits to the trigger

put the little spring on the post then hook the little bar in to the other end and then pull it a little so it rests above the trigger on top of the cut off lever

trigger spring - small end goes in a small hole in the shell and then the trigger should be built up like in the vid

Comment

ok i took it apart and got it back together and never before have i wanted to kill myself so much before!!! Anyways i pulled the trigger it fired once and then same problem, i couldnt see any major problems unless i put it back together wrong, a few teeth on the piston thingy were worn??
                              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jockjay Find out more about jockjay
                              Working...
                              X