Mosfet help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfet help!

I have just ordered a VFC (Vega Force Company) PDW DE, It has the RAtech battery conversion so comes standards with a 7.4 lipo!

I am looking/tempted to get a PEQ and use an 11.1 lipo.

Will i need to get a mosfet if i am looking to do this or would it be advised to get one anyway?

I was also looking at these 3 round burst mosfets, are these any good?

Also which mosfets are best????

Cheers

Re: Mosfet help!

If I were you, I'd get yourself a aws raptor. These things are the nuts!!
    Such a clever little device for about £90!
    Has built in lipo protection, so the gun disables when the voltage gets to low, save killing your batteries.
    Can have three round burst too!! And a host of other good stuff...google it...for the money you can't go wrong, especially in your pdw where space is limited. These replace your trigger mech so once installed theres still only wires like you had before!!
    Originally posted by Artekus
    It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

why are you buying an RA tech lipo converted pdw,and then sticking a peq box on it?, its converted so that you dont have to use a peq box
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If you are going to 11.1v, yes long term a mosfet will make a difference inprotecing against trigger burn and serious overrun one motor. Goingthst high I think ou need to consder piston eork oo ( aoe and removing 1st tooth).

Comment

Buy a raptor= no faffing around with cutting pistons up etc, drop in and program it how you want it. You can program the rof to which I didn't mention.
          A burst wizard MOSFET will cost you, £50 thereabouts, and gives you burst functionality, you might as well pay £90 and have awesome trigger response along with all the functions Ive already mentioned
          Originally posted by Artekus
          It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by westywesty84 View Post
            Buy a raptor= no faffing around with cutting pistons up etc, drop in and program it how you want it. You can program the rof to which I didn't mention.
            A burst wizard MOSFET will cost you, £50 thereabouts, and gives you burst functionality, you might as well pay £90 and have awesome trigger response along with all the functions Ive already mentioned
            although I agree with you regarding the raptor, if he runs 11.1v and the piston isn't returning quick enough it will still eat itself!
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Yep, rof programming is important here but also knowing where ther rest position is between shots ( iirc doesn't it run at full speed and pause between rounds rather than speed controll via pulse width modulation?) If it rests at engagement point or very close then the piston work is still needed as cafinn99 & me said, the gears will spin faster than the the piston shooting speed. Cutting down tha piston tooth will help stop the odd clash.

Comment

Look at a fireworks AB MOSFET, have them in 2 of my AEG's. Its hard wired to you're trigger contacts so will replace all the other wires in your AEG, but doesn't take too much skill or time to fit.

I have been running 11.1v lipos for a few years on all of my AEG's, even before they had a MOSFET fitted and never had a problem with them.

I had a VFC PDW and its very tight in the RIS, even with the Ra tech conversion. So i guess if you had the PEQ 15 the MOSFET may fit in the with a PEQ lipo, just defeats the object of having such a small PDW and paying the extra for the conversion.

Comment

Try it on the RA Tech 7.4v lipo... you may find you like it ( it is a nice bit of kit). If you go down the 11.1v lipo route then you will need a mosfet... yes some people have been lucky and not burnt their trigger switches but based on how many I have repaired, they are few and far between.

The problem you'll have is getting an 11.1v lipo (of reasonable capacity) and a mosfet into a PEQ box. It can be done but its not easy... you can put the mosfet in the RIS space, and run to the PEQ from there, just be very carefull with wires/mosfet as the machining leaves very sharp edges inside.

If you do go 11.1v, then you should sort out a new piston (lightened) and correct AOE as a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                    why are you buying an RA tech lipo converted pdw,and then sticking a peq box on it?, its converted so that you dont have to use a peq box
                    Because it is coming already with the RAtech conversion, I want the opportunity to extend the rate of fire by used a PEQ and an 11.1 lipo. Im not definitely going to do this, and before I went ahead i thought it would be good to seek some sound advice! Good logic if you ask me!

Comment

Thanks for everyone else's sound advice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scotty.1 Find out more about scotty.1
                      Working...
                      X