Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 3 Round Burst

Hey there,
    I want to mod my MP5 to give me a 3 round burst. I have been using Google Fu, but want some opinions from people on here, how to go about doing this.

In particular the "Air Tronics 3 round Burst unit" this looks perfect, but there website has disappeared.

Cheers
    Russ

Re: MP5 3 Round Burst

Well you need a MOSFET - that's the idea behind it. I'm not sure which ones do this but there are programmable ones for 3 round burst. So have a look around for that.
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Thanks Taylorb, I am looking around, and google has taught me much, but google can only provide you with secondary information. I would like to talk to someone who has first hand experience fitting and using a system that enables a burst fire function.

I am able of finding links, and reading descriptions on websites of MOSFETS, but without using them myself I cannot appraise there suitability.

Comment

Look up the Infected range

Fitting one involves soldering to the existing trigger mech, that's about it. Thing to bear in mind with the 3 round burst is you will lose the option of full auto.

Comment

I'd happily sacrifice full auto for 3 round burst!

Comment

Infected, while having some very nice MOSFETS, do not have the microcontrollers for 3 round bursts.

Comment

Google "extreme fire mosfet", first link.

Might appear to be a little bit more expensive but they're perfect. It also means, depending on the way you programme it, that when you hold the trigger down on 3Rnd burst it will go to fully automatic.

Failing that, Google "Trigger master" - another well known mosfet that's more expensive again but very highly customizable.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

@ russelp if you do this can you take some pics & write a small how to, might be interested in doing this also

Comment

Thanks Gaffa, And i'll keep posted on here with my progress LittleTruck. I orginally didn't want to spend that much, but after looking at the Trigger Master, i am extremely tempted. Apparently there sold out untill mid december.

Comment

Here's one installed a year ago.

The Guinea pig

Comment

This just looks like the set up on an electric plane, battery esc receiver

Comment

Cheers centaur!
                        I'm torn now between the Trigger master and the SW-Cheeta, or of course the Panther If I can find someway of squeezing it into a MP5... they are all pretty much the same and do the same thing, I shall be deliberating over this tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by russelp View Post
                          Cheers centaur!
                          I'm torn now between the Trigger master and the SW-Cheeta, or of course the Panther If I can find someway of squeezing it into a MP5... they are all pretty much the same and do the same thing, I shall be deliberating over this tonight.
                          I have installed one for my team mate's MP5, I just took off the fuse holder and stick the mosfet there, but I have modified it using my dremmel tools.

Comment

Originally posted by russelp View Post
                            Cheers centaur!
                            The Cheetah and Trigger Master are one and the same mate just rebadged. Oh and PS I've been told by the manufacturer of the TM version they are out of stock until mid december due to demand.
                            "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

the possibilty is a mechanical burst like on the FNC or the new BE gun (not sure which model think it was type 89)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

russelp Find out more about russelp
                              Working...
                              X