Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston jamming up

Hi all, again :P

My high speed setup is now jamming but only between the sector gear and the piston.

I am using:

SHS 13:1 highspeed gear set
    Classic Army reinforced piston
    Classic Army Metal bearined piston head
    Standard cylinder head with "Laylax VSR dampner pads" to act as a spacer to fix the angle of engagement (i believe this may be causing my problems)
    G&P M120 motor
    Madbull m120/130 spring (both springs end up with jamming results but vary where the piston jams)

All short stroked down by 4 teeth.

The problem was with the m120 spring It ended up with the piston would jam on the first tooth on the piston. So I put this down to the fact that the piston is being released slower than the gears are turning maybe?

So I fitted an m130 spring, now the piston is jamming on the last tooth of the piston and first of the sector gear making me think the piston is now travelling too fast...

I am now though thinking due to using a softish rubber spacer that the repeatedly fast battering it is getting from my piston head may have altered the angle of engagement over a period of use (less than 200 rounds though) causing an eventual jam due to the high rof...

What is my sollution?

I thought the shimming was perfect, it most definatly seems so between the motor, 1st and 2nd gear before the spur.

Any help will be appreciated, I can't reall take photos of it in a locked up position due to a metal gearbox casing being in the way :/

Thanks

Re: Piston jamming up

Check to see if the piston head isn't catching on cylinder and if you change spring strength the AOE will change if using sorbo pads.

Comment

Yup.... thinking i need a thicker piston head or try and find a spacer between the piston and cylidner that is metal/plastic :/

Anyone got an opinion? Thanks Scott

Comment

also think about the fact that your motor might be giving up, as your using a hispeed motor and as we all know the M120 has bad magnets, with a low torque set of gears.
        sigpic
        View iTrader Rating Here
        Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Right just taken the gearbox apart to find the first and last tooth have been recieving damage, still usable but pat of the plastic is progressively being worn away.

I will admit i never had any issues when using an SHS ultra high tourque motor.

I never knew the motor was bad for magnet having magnet issues...

So with the first and last tooth having some signs of wear shal we put this down to a bad motor maybe?

Thanks

Comment

What battery are you running?
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
              I will admit i never had any issues when using an SHS ultra high tourque motor.

I never knew the motor was bad for magnet having magnet issues...

So with the first and last tooth having some signs of wear shal we put this down to a bad motor maybe?

Thanks
              I think the guy read your post wrong as he is talking about the G&P M120 motor.

Comment

Verry confused :s

I'm using 11v lipo but think it did the same on 7v and the piston head is not sticking or catching to anything.

Comment

Anyone with a bit more input please?

Thankyou

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                  Working...
                  X