Changing TM S-System body help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing TM S-System body help

I am changing my TM S-System plastic body for a CA metal body and hop, I've done the lower receiver and hop no probs but carnt seem to separate the TM upper receiver from the S-System RIS and barrel. Any help would be great as I carnt seem to find anything on youtube. Cheers.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Re: Changing TM S-System body help

The SIR should be attached to the upper receiver with three nuts along the side. With these removed you then need to push the bit they're attached to out the other side. You'll also need to remove the lower handguard and there may be a ring attaching the SIR to the delta ring at the front of the upper receiver. This should be held in place with two screws on either side.

I say should because my experience is based on a CA SIR which is a copy of the real ARMS SIR. The TM should be a copy of the same, but may not function in the same manner. Also my CA is about twice the size of a TM S-system.
    /9 out.

Comment

This may help:
      sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys, tried it last night and the way the barrel fits to the body is different to every other M4 so you carnt change the upper receiver without changing the outer barrel. One piece hop units wont fit either without the new barrel and the RIS wont fit to new barrels or the upper receiver, so you have to change the whole front end. Would be cheaper to buy a new full metal S-System from a different manufacturer, good old TM.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simon Find out more about simon
        Working...
        X