Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ICS Sig Advice-Top rail and magazines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Sig Advice-Top rail and magazines...

Im still waiting on my ics sig 552 to arrive so in the meantime I racking my brains for extras and improvments for it.

While I have a reflex sight I really need a top rail to mount it. I know ICS are releasing one soon but if the wait for my 552 is anything to go by.....i just cant wait! are there any other suitable ones on the market, mainly TM or Laylax.

Also, can I use any other magazines (magpul?) on the 552, or am i stuck with the rattly ICS ones?

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: ICS Sig Advice-Top rail and magazines...

you can use the tm top rail, tm also make lo caps and 220 round hi caps, also MAG make 100 rd mid caps

Comment

Dont know about ics but my jg sig 552 came with a top rail to carry my acog, make sure you buy good quality mags though, i tried a few cheap ones & each one has failed wit either miss feading or the bb stop catch has dropped out.
      http://www.sierra2kilo.com/armoury.html

Comment

Brilliant news about the accessories.

with regard to the magazines, what I meant to say was would, say an M4/SA80/AK mag fit?

Silly question I know, I just wondered what the likelihood was

Comment

They have their own special Sig mags so unless there's a magwell converter (?) you'll have to use the specific mags
          TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
          Tokyo Marui P90
          HFC M9 Special Forces
          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Sig only I'm afraid mate

Comment

The TM rail is a lot more sturdy than the one that comes with the HurricanE kit.

Mag wise.
              The ones Ive tried/had

Marui (42rd, 60rd, 220rd)
              Very good, for some reason in the stock gun, the 42rd mags would fail to feed when fully loaded, but my guess was the mag spring was too tight.
              60rd mags are fantastic, but no longer available
              High cap mag i cannot fault, barely ever misfeeds, even with an ungodly rate of fire.

ICS
              The high cap, i don't know how much it held, but it was bigger than the MAG midcaps.
              Absolutely fantastic feeding..... for 1 day
              long story cut short, it just gave up feeding, wouldn't feed any more than 5 bbs without needing winding, the spring was warped.
              It needed modification to fit in my TM properly, that was a big put off as it also wouldn't fit nicely in a brand new stock one when i tried it, even more of a put off, or maybe QC issues were to blame?

MAG (100rd midcaps)
              Very good value for money, i have spaced my spring so the capacity is only around 80 or so for fast feeding purposes. In standard form most of them feed very well, Ive had the odd one that needs attention, but generally really good.

Want to use armalite mags? the GWS 556 kit comes with a receiver that accepts them, but it is purely 556 style, some have hybrid the two.
              Last edited by sj_asc; 23 October, 2009, 02:29. Reason: Forgot something
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, managed to pick up my 552 a few days ago and have already accessorised to my hearts content. managed to the get the ics sig rail in the end from ground zero, and a couple of ris covers, foregrip and eotech sight and its looking good.

might try those MAG ones if i get the chance

Comment

***Just got a pair of MAG mags. They do not fit the ICS sig, only the Tokyo Marui ones. Bugger***

Comment

Originally posted by sunburnthammer View Post
                    ***Just got a pair of MAG mags. They do not fit the ICS sig, only the Tokyo Marui ones. Bugger***
                    you sure you are putting it in the right way, it'd make sense for them to fit as ics fit tm, and mag fit tm, so it'd be reasonably fair to assume if ics fit in ics that the mag ones would too.

Comment

Just double checked today. Afraid they still dont fit. It slots in fine but wont lock into place. I think there is some minor difference on the part of the mag that the mag release hitches on to unfortunately.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sunburnthammer Find out more about sunburnthammer
                      Working...
                      X