AWS Stealth Mosfet re-programming help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWS Stealth Mosfet re-programming help required

Just got meself a new M4 which has an AWS Stealth V2TC-X120 V2 Gearbox Controller installed.

Now , when i received it, i was told that it had set itself to Safe/Semi/Semi and that it needed re-setting.

Having attempted to follow the instructions on the AWS website, i'm still no futher forward as to what the hell to do.

Which position does the fire selector have to be in when holding the trigger down and connecting the battery ?

is it supposed to beep/buzz/whatever ?

How long do you have to hold the trigger ?

I've tried everything and all i'm left with is a g/box that is still on safe/semi/semi.

Pinged AWS a quick mail - but wondered if anyone on here may be of help as this is driving me mad.

Mucho thanks

Re: AWS Stealth Mosfet re-programming help required

Firstly, make sure you're following the right instructions! Are you sure yours is a 120?

To answer your other questions:
    1. It doesn't matter which position the fire selector is in so long as you can pull the trigger ie not safe
    2. It's supposed to lightly buzz the motor but not all of them do (setup dependant)
    3. Short press is literally on/off and long press is more than a second

If you list what you want it to do, I'm happy to confirm the sequence for you.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

heres the manual

I don't think the stealth is fire mode selectable. Did you cut the 5 mm from your selector plate?
      . .

Comment

It doesn't look like Archer installed it. Good call Windy it may not have been installed correctly.
        Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by windywindmill View Post
          heres the manual

I don't think the stealth is fire mode selectable. Did you cut the 5 mm from your selector plate?
          5mm from the selector plate ?

As pointed out, the install wasnt done by me.

But - where abouts on the selector does the 5mm need trimming ?

Comment

My bad, didn't read it properly, just thought the fet was what you got.
            When I installed it I had to take 5mm x 5mm peice from the top of the plate. The opposite side of where the spring is held in place
            . .

Comment

Hang on, just checked. Pressumably the Stealth doesn't monitor the selector plate, just the cutoff leaver, so no cutout required (as you would for the Raptor.)

So ignore that point.

Has this ever actually worked? As the Stealth can't switch fire modes, it also can't have 'reset'. If you've only just bought this, it might be time to go back to the seller.

Comment

Stealth can only control pwm (Rof)
                You can start the whole process of the beeping again (different type batt)

NOTHING else I.e SWITCH FIRE MODES !!!
                I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

The stealth isn't programmable. It should do safe, semi, auto. It sounds like a problem with your selector not engaging auto properly. It can't 'set itself' as it doesn't have the capability to do so.

Take out the gearbox and make sure the selector is aligned properly inside the lower receiver, the center of the circular plate should be in line with the selector knob.

If that doesn't do it, check the selector plate has been modified, there should be an approx 5mm extension to the gap at the front end of the cut out where the spring sits that pushes against the cut off lever. Note: I'm not sure if you have to do this for the Stealth, I only have Raptors. If that doesn't fix it you'll have to open the gearbox and check that the cutoff lever is engaging the sensor on the mosfet properly.
                  AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
                  G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

I can't see on the online manual if the 5mm cut out is needed but when I fitted mine, the instructions said it needed to have the 5mm cutout. But unfortunately I don't have the instruction no more. Unless its a faulty fet, then the 5mm cut out should be your solution.
                    The user Richardy is gonna be the best person to speak to about the stealths/raptors. May be worth a PM to him to double check.
                    . .

Comment

Gents - thanks for all your kind help.

The selector has the 5mm cut out - i'm thinking from what i've learned from the chap who did the install that it may be a Raptor unit and not a Stealth after all.

But will ping Richard a PM anyways.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Archer1963 Find out more about Archer1963
                      Working...
                      X