Gearbox crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox crash?

Hi guys, I think im being a bit dull but how severe is a "gearbox crash" ? Is it as bad as it sounds?
    Its apparently the most likely thing thats happend to my tm recoil m4, so what bits would be required to put this right and if i was to replace with standard parts what kinda ballpark figure are we talking?
    Cheers

Re: Gearbox crash?

A gearbox crash could mean anything ( never heard of the term , its a bit non descript).

Has he gearbox locked up? Is it grinding or spinning up very fast with no activity? Tell us the symptoms.

It depends on the failure. If is a gear that has failed, the a new gear set and piston ( and piston head if younhave a stock piston setup). Maybe berings if the nylon bushings have collapsed.

If the pinion gear has failed the new motor (easier to do that buy all the gear pulling shite) and possibly new gears.

If the anti reversal has failed maybe a new tappet plate.
    If the piston has stripped its teeth then probably just that.

It could even be a lockup as the battery and motor are tired.

Comment

Yeah sorry, so one second it was firing fine the next not at all, the sound is like things are spinning round but nothing is firing. Doesnt sound very healthy at all. so i guess the term is just a saying when something in there has gone kaput then and not a dissaster.

Comment

Maybe a Stripped piston posting a video would help.
        I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

If its spinning up as a sort of zzzzeeeeeeee spund and the recoil unit is not activating then its probably the piston teeth stripped ( TM ones are quite soft so they fail rather than gears) which isn't too bad although it may have lost sector teeth ( although id expect i o sound lik shite as the broken teeth get mashed in the gears). if i remeber you can put it in semi and see if it does just a quick zeee zeee zeee per trigger pull. If so the semi cut off is good so its all fine up until the sector gear / piston teeth. If it spins up mega fast then the pinion or bevel gear has failed and putting no load on the other gears.

I'd be inclined to think its the piston teeth.

Comment

I'll get a video up now, but semi/auto has no difference, it doesnt just make a quick noise for one trigger pull, if i keep squezzing even on semi it will just keep going as if it would be full auto

Comment

It may be just that its spinning too fast for the cut off lever to work. Normally when its the linion it spins up at near the raw motor speed with sometimes a bit of grinding. Its not ofter the middle gear fails IME, but its a possibility. Ill look at the vid when its up.

Comment

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsr...[/url]

Comment

cant see it, keep getting put to my home page. I guess it may be privacy settings?

Comment

You can guess all day, but the gearbox will need to come apart to find out whats wrong.
                    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Yeah, if youre profile is on private, we cant see it. Put it on youtube
                      I think that your pinion gear on the motor has failed, when i refit motors, when theyre outside the gearbox on semi, they dont stop if you hold the trigger.
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Same happened to me. Stripped piston and/or stripped sector gear, reason i say and/or is because if a piston has stripped it should still allow semi fire and work as normal, ie make all the screeching awful broken sounds, but still cut off on semi. May need a new cut off lever too by sounds of it. Look at lonex or hornbill for cheap replacement parts for the recoils.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkel Find out more about Darkel
                        Working...
                        X