Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Which barrel should I use to upgrade the silencer??..help...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which barrel should I use to upgrade the silencer??..help...!!

Hi people

Recently I purchased a King arms silencer. However the silencer only last me a game because at the end of the game, I can see that the foam inside has been ripped off so I had to throw it away.

I want to put a barrel inside the silencer to avoid bb stuck inside the silencer. However I dont known which barrel I should buy to do this job. If any of you guys have done this before,please give me some recommendation.

Oh forgot the gun I use with the silencer was ICS CQB M4.

Below is picture of my silencer.
    I will shoot you all.

Re: Which barrel should I use to upgrade the silencer??..help...!!

You can use any compatable barrel to do the job but if you are going to change it out then you may as well put a tightbore one in. All you do is measure the length of the silencer and add about 3/4 of that distance to the length of your standard barrel and buy the closest one to that.

I.E Standard length 250mm silencer 200mm 3/4 = 150mm add the two together and bingo you need a 400mm barrel.

How close to the end of the silencer you go is up to you, you can of course buy a longer one then cut it down but be sure to clean it very well before fitting.

Simple's

Comment

Hi

Yes I plan to buy a long one then but it down to fit into the silencer. However when I check on Z1 website,there are two type of barrel.

1. 6.01mm-6.03mm
      2. 6.04mm

I am not sure which one will fit both my silencer and my gun. Also the long barrel is very expensive cost like 35-50 quid at least. I just need a short barrel so I dont really want to spend that much. But I will look around to find a cheaper one

Also dont forget tell the size of the barrel I should buy ok.
      I will shoot you all.

Comment

The length of my silencer is 195mm=19.5cm
        I will shoot you all.

Comment

Ok. Any AEG barrel will fit your gun. The size's quoted are for the bore of the barrel, the inside diameter of the barrel.

A standard barrel is normally around 6.08mm internally. A Tight barrel can be 6.05-6.03-6.01 and some size's in the middle of those.

So here's a litle help.

Your barrel is whatever length it is, to extended it into the silencer you just need to add the apropriate amount of length to your normal barrel length (see above post) Your silencer will just slip over the top of this and will not give any support to the barrel itself. You can if you wish add adittional foam to the silencer to aid the structure.

The average size of a BB is 5.95mm ish! Tighter barrels are used for many reasons. Mostly because they do in many cases improve the accuracy of your gun, They can also improve range in some guns, and they almost always give a small increase in FPS over standard. What they do not do is tolerate cheap or poorly made ammo.

So calculate the length of barrel you need decided how tight you want to go (6.03 is generaly excepted as the norm) then buy some decent ammo.

If I get the time I will post some pics of my sons MP5 to show you what it will look like. :D

Comment

Hi

I dont want to extend my gun barrel. I want to put the extension barrel inside the silencer to avoid BB get stuck inside the silencer. I dont really need to reduce the sound but the want to improve range and make the gun looks good.

At the moment I use 0.25g bb
            I will shoot you all.

Comment

There is no such thing as a barrel extension, lol.

You need a longer barrel - give me 5 mins and I'll find out which one :D

(p.s) Longer barrel = no increase in range.

Edit:

Right....

I'm pretty sure your one uses the standard M4 363mm barrel. With a 195mm silencer, give you 577mm to play with. The Madbull Python VII 6.03 is the standard choice of tightbore, and gives good results. They do a 509mm one, so that's the best bet.

But...

You're not far off adding 50% volume to the barrel. Which means you need to pump more air down there to shift that pellet all the way out. So you'll probably need a new cylinder too!
              Last edited by jagillham; 24 October, 2009, 19:08.

Comment

This is what it will look like when you are done, even if this isn't what you ment!

As Jag said you cant "Add" a peice to your barrel, Sorry...

P.S Longer Barrel = some increase in range in some case's

Comment

lol ok maybe I dont know how to call it. Also what I really want is fit another barrel inside the silencer not replace my gun barrel with a longer one.
                  I will shoot you all.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                    This is what it will look like when you are done, even if this isn't what you ment!

As Jag said you cant "Add" a peice to your barrel, Sorry...
                    Yah mate, I though about doing this but sometime when I take the silencer off,the gun gonna look funny with the barrel attatch to it lol....good job by the way
                    I will shoot you all.

Comment

You can't get a barrel extension like you want to, it just simply isn't made. You'll either have to make do with a shorter barrel and the silencer or get a longer barrel like thatblokewiththescar has shown. There's nothing stopping you from swapping the barrels every now and again if you change your mind, just takes a little more time.
                      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                      Tokyo Marui P90
                      HFC M9 Special Forces
                      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Longer barrel really is the only answer. With any kind of other tube it will hit that instead of the foam, and leave your barrel going just past your foot at around 1ft per second!:D

Comment

Right so now I get what you are after. Your last silencer had it's internals chewed up so you want to fit a barrel inside your silencer so the BB's dont bounce around ? That more like it.

If so then you have a different problem as even with the foam in the silencer the BB's should not hit it on there way down range. You may have been unlucky and just moved the foam and the BB's would then have hit it and destroyed it. If you can get more foam you could replace it but first you may want to check to see if the BB's are flying straight from the barrel. You could also glue a length of plastic tube inside tha silencer say around 10-12mm internal diameter this would give you the "inner barrel" you are after and should not interfear with your shot's, but it seems unnecessary.

Comment

I just wrap a A4 paper to make a barrel,I use seletape inner and outside the paper tube to make it stronger. Just fit into my gun and it seem shoot fine. But I am not in the future if its gonna break down. I may just use it temporary and if I find a plastic tube at the similar size then I can just amend it and fit it into the silencer
                            I will shoot you all.

Comment

I'm not sure how that helps, as if the pellet hits the side, it will just loose all power and accuracy. If it don't hit the side, it wasn't needed?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shooter88 Simple and easy Find out more about shooter88
                              Working...
                              X