SRC m4a1 firing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC m4a1 firing issues

I have a SRC m4a1 which when firing in single shot will sometimes fire two bb's at a go, sometimes even three, and just lately has taken to feeding all the bb's straight through, i have taken it apart and fitted a new hop rubber and as far as i can tell all seems well, but it still misfires, however im no expert, so anyone out there who would like to point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful
    rgds
    dollar

Re: SRC m4a1 firing issues

did u fit the rubber and bucking correctly and make sure the spring is on the hop-up is still there

trying pushing the mag forward once in the mag well maybe try a different mag maybe a mid-cap

what rubber and bucking ?

Comment

not sure of the exact make of hop and bucking, i believe it was element, the spring was missing so fitted a new one, does that mean anything?, thanks for taking the time to answer, so thanks
      dollar

Comment

Also any upgrades, high speed motor/gears and what voltage battery you using?

Just to clear up, do you mean there is one "bang" and 2-3 pellet come flying out. Or is there multiple "bangs" on single shot?

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          Also any upgrades, high speed motor/gears and what voltage battery you using?

Just to clear up, do you mean there is one "bang" and 2-3 pellet come flying out. Or is there multiple "bangs" on single shot?
          ok, as far as upgrades on this gun, the only thing that has been done is a new element tight bore barrel fitted, but that was a while ago and the gun fired fine for a couple of skirmishes. at the moment i have been using a 9.6 1500mah, and as before, it fired fine, everything else is standard, and as for the "bang", its one "bang" and 2-3 pellets coming out, hope this helps you to help me, so thanks
          dollar

Comment

I'll start with the obvious first, hopefully not too patronising! Is the barrel in the right way up. A lot of people see the hole in the barrel, and put it facing down! You can test this by taking out the hop up unit/barrel. Looking down the barrel, adjust the hop and check you can see the rubber going up/down inside the barrel.

Comment

no worries about patronizing buddy, as i say im no expert, but im 100% sure the barrel is in correct, as it was firing fine before.

Comment

It'll fire fine upside down, just no hop up. If you don't want to take apart, shine a torch inside the magwell, look down the barrel and adjust looking for movement inside the barrel.

One way to cure double feed is to drill the tiniest of dimples into the inside of the hopup unit. Directly above where the pellets come in, around a mm deep. Keeps the 1st pellet up there in place before it gets shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                  It'll fire fine upside down, just no hop up. If you don't want to take apart, shine a torch inside the magwell, look down the barrel and adjust looking for movement inside the barrel.

One way to cure double feed is to drill the tiniest of dimples into the inside of the hopup unit. Directly above where the pellets come in, around a mm deep. Keeps the 1st pellet up there in place before it gets shot.
                  ok, now you have got me i will check this out and report back, may not be tonight, if you are correct, i will forever be a noob and a simpleton, thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by dollar View Post
                    ok, now you have got me i will check this out and report back, may not be tonight, if you are correct, i will forever be a noob and a simpleton, thanks mate
                    ok, have taken the gun apart again!!!, couldnt really check with the torch in the mag trick, everything seems to be in the correct place, hop rubber is in good condition and fitted correctly, so any ideas???? im all ears, so thanks guys

Comment

are you getting a lot of power out of these shots? Like do you still have the same power you had before?

How does full auto perform?
                      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                      Tokyo Marui P90
                      HFC M9 Special Forces
                      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Originally posted by Will_0 View Post
                        are you getting a lot of power out of these shots? Like do you still have the same power you had before?

How does full auto perform?
                        hi will, yeah power seems to be fine, goes throught the coke can, no problems, also full auto works fine.
                        rgds
                        dollar

Comment

update time, i think i know what the problem is, i believe it is the hop, the adjustment wheel on the hop is very loose, have tried to tighten, but seems to spin, i think the thread has gone, so prob a new hop needed or does anyone have any ideas, it would be no use fitting a spacer as the screw does not bite.
                          dollar

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dollar Find out more about dollar
                          Working...
                          X