upgrading the SA58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: upgrading the SA58

If the hop was working well before then the new upgrades are to blame for the decrease in performance. Give them a once over to check you installed the correctly.

Comment

will do. will get it chrono'd first to see if it actually has worked first.cheers keeper

Comment

Originally posted by dj_flipside View Post
        will do. will get it chrono'd first to see if it actually has worked first.cheers keeper
        Good plan there.

Chrono it both with hop on and hop off. A faulty hop unit will most likely be robbing your gun of fps so you have a way to get a vague diagnosis there.

Comment

well lets hope i get an answer haha took me ages to do it. bust the tappet plate the first time. but theres no substitute for having a go yourself just takes a bit of confidence but like some1 said in one of the vsr threads doing it yourself really helps you understand your gun and how it works. most of all dont be scared to ask especially on here you guys have been realy helpful.

Comment

well latest is had it chrono'd got it to 310 we tested the hop and the seal is tight so im rulling that out for now. what i have done though is dropped in a systema cylinder hoping that it will seat the systema head better bringing the fps up a bit. it might be worth noting at this point that the standard cylinder in the carbine is a solid one the one i have put in now is ported so ill let you know the results there.

Comment

well this gun has issues, got it chrono'd and its still running at between 290 and 310. so theres obviously something not right. ive now added a systema cylinder head incase i was losing fps out of the cylinder and a prometheus hop up rubber. back to the test bench tomorow so will wait and see now. i have tested the compression on the piston and it seems to be good also the hop unit is air tight as usual any ideas are more than welcome.to give you the run down so far , its a systema mx cylinder, systema piston and cylinder head, marui piston , m100 spring and finally prometheus hop rubber.

Comment

ok ive had to admit defeat here and book her in for some tlc. with the cylinder head it dropped it to between 264 and 280 fps theres something very wrong with her so although ive learnt lots and had fun tinkering its time to admit defeat and let the experts take over , even they are really baffled but itll be about 3weeks now so ill keep my fingers crossed and report on the outcoming. at least it will mean i will concentrate on my snipering ability more in the meantime.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dj_flipside been airsofting a number of years now . i own a fully upgraded vsr10, mp5 A4, SA58, tacmaster pistol Find out more about dj_flipside
                Working...
                X