Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning weapons

Fairly new to airsoft.

I've got the weapons listed in my signature and was wondering how often and how do I clean and maintain my weapons?

I haven't really bothered so far...
    Wanted:
    A decent chronograph

Re: Cleaning weapons

clean the ics after every skirmish with silicone and the cleaning rod - the eaps probably dont need as much attention cleaning wise but personally i would give them a go over after every skirmish - just keep them clean and in a reasonably warm place between skirmishes - the more attention you give your guns the longer they wll last and the better they will perform - wen cleaning only use silicone based lubricants as petrolleum based ones like wd40 will wreck the hop-up and stuff - i recommed halfords - they have a new silicone spray for a couple of pounds for a big can - will last you for ages

Link for cheap silicone - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165750
    Last edited by callofduty; 17 February, 2009, 01:32.

Comment

Which bits need lubricating apart from the barrel? Do I need to do all the internals too?
      Wanted:
      A decent chronograph

Comment

Depends how long you want your gun to last. Some people don't go into the gearbox unless its replacing parts, others go as far as cleaning all the grease off the gears then re greasing them and all the other parts. If you're good at opening up the gearbox then I would say give it a clean once a year, maybe more if you use that gun a lot. You will need different types of lubricant than the silicone spray used in the barrel.

Comment

i clean the whole lot mate then last for ages . . use sily lube or maintanance gas if got a gbb it help in lonbg run and do ur mags to

Comment

Depending how much money you have, and how much you value your kit you could send them off to one of the many retailers that can service airsoft kit. Say once a year?

It's not a bad idea as they can do a full service. You don't need to buy all the different greases, plus they can do inside the gearbox without the worry you'll put it back wrong.

On a weekly basis, if your gun is metal, that needs to be wiped down to remove moisture, or you'll get rust! Store the gun somewhere nice and dry, and in a kit bag. Standing up against a wall is bad, you'll bend it over time.
            Last edited by jagillham; 17 February, 2009, 11:02.

Comment

Once a year? More like once every two/three months.

Comment

As I said, depends who you are. Personally I wouldn't because I don't use one gun enough to need that much of a clean. Wait is that aimed at me or Jagillham?

Comment

think bot of both lol

Comment

I guess you, unless he sends his guns off for a full service 4 times a year!

I'd take this opportunity to say not touching anything on your gun will be ok too for a few years, assuming no breaks.

As I found with upgrading my MP5, the more you try and improve it and work on it, the more things go wrong, lol.

Comment

Yeah, aimed at Nuke. Not in a harsh way though, just advice. Having said that, I only really clean when I do work on my guns, which tends to be once every two/three months.

Comment

Yeah no worries, but yeah I agree I only open my gearbox up and replace grease etc. if I need to change parts (or if it hasn't been cleaned in over 6 months) and I've been replacing quite a lot lately. True Jagillham haha, esspecially the fact that he has 11 in his collection. 80 quid per gun a year for maintenance doesn't sound right hehe.

Comment

Well considering I've got several guns now (including a P90 in the post sometime soon!) and the fact that I only get the time to play once a month at the mo (more in the summer hopefully!) sounds like just cleaning the barrels after every 1-2 games them a deeper clean once a year sounds about right for me.... I think!
                          Wanted:
                          A decent chronograph

Comment

I really reccommend cleaning your barrel after every game, if you're like me then quite a lot of crap gets down their in a days 'softing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grantos Find out more about Grantos
                            Working...
                            X