Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what parts to use in a version 7 gear box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what parts to use in a version 7 gear box?

heya guys, im looking to upgrade a version 7 gear box from an m14 for as high as possible fire rate, what parts should i use?

many thanks
    dan
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Re: what parts to use in a version 7 gear box?

In my opinion If its ROF you're looking for then obviously high speed gears, guarder have upgrade sets, I'd advise ballbearing bushings for smoothness and less friction in rotation. Hurricane do a good piston which has either full metal teeth or half. This should aid reliability. The next thing you'll probably want is a decent bearing spring guide and a good quality piston head, maybe systema for these. The spring should be a M100/1J as the lower the rating/power spring the less effort is required by the motor to pull it back and cycle. Just remember that if you up the ROF too high you may get timing issues as the spring can't keep up so it's a balancing act.

Good luck
    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

I'd start with a mosfet fella, I did, that and decent wiring (simple to do in 5 minutes as its all external) and mine now has a hideous fire rate now, and with about 4k of bb's through it so far and not a single hitch, i'm waiting for something to fail before I replace anything!

In fairness, its only an agm, but its holding up well, the fps is consistant at 340, range is sweet, hop rubber was changed, but thats all, if it aint broke, dont fix it!

what battery you running with it? I use a large 8.4v which helps the rate of fire due to its better discharge rate, using a small 9.6v doesnt seem to have any noticable gain, due to the increase in voltage being cancelled out by the weaker discharge rate.

Wards right if you want to splash that sort of cash, but £2 worth of decent high load silicone wiring, and a ab mosfet, you'll be grinning from ear to ear!

Comment

m14 ver 7 parts list (heres what i'd get)

Guarder SP120 Full Tune-Up Kit for Marui M14 Series
        Just buy the extra following to make it uber amazing
        Systema Turbo
        Deep Fire FULL Titanium Toothed Piston
        Prometheus Bearing Bushings
        Guarder AEG Tune-Up Spring - SP90 (339fps)
        And last but not least
        ARES Tappet Pate Delayer

hope this helps

oh and a 9.6v battery or higher, vrooooom!
        Originally posted by bravotwozero
        Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

cool, i was planning to mosfet and probably use an 11.1 lipo with a systema turbo motor will the guarder gears be able to handle the strain though?
          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

I disagree with the metal teeth piston. If you're gonna shell out on new gears etc, get a polycarb (plastic) tooth piston. The reason being if a metal tooth breaks it's litterally a spanner in the work, it will mess at least one of the gears too, as solid bits of metal will get caught up in the gears. Because the plastic is lighter doesn't mean it will break more easily, but it does mean if the piston does go (which if you're seeking a high rate of fire it is more likely to do) then it won't take anything else with it. It also wears down over time which means that if you're regularly maintaining your gearbox you won't have any problems, unlike a solid piece of metal which will just shear off and cause havoc. Basically you'll want it to be a £10 piston breaking, not a £50 gear set.
            TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
            Tokyo Marui P90
            HFC M9 Special Forces
            KSC Glock 18c

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

danhc Find out more about danhc
            Working...
            X