well r4 mp7 battery or firing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well r4 mp7 battery or firing problem

Hello there I'm sure this is supposed to be in the electric technical section but to be honest I haven't had a reply there yet so trying my luck here.

I have a well R4 and it has been working fine but it has just stopped working no movement what so ever when I pull the trigger. I charged the battery for just half an hour and as I don't have another gun that takes this battery I had to test it with a voltmeter that says the battery was giving out 8.3v its a 7.2 battery and its only had another hour charge in its life with me so I don't know what is wrong or what I need to test. The gun is currently disassembled so any help would be great!

An additional bit of information is that I used the gun the day (20ish of Jan) I got and that when it got a half and hour charge and it worked fine no problems, then next morning it was not working at all so I gave it a half an hour charge and still nothing so I contacted the retailer and arranged it to be returned and tested. They said I must have been putting the battery in wrong as when they got it the gun was fully working after a 45min charge, so they returned the gun and it was working fine till now.
    sigpic

Re: well r4 mp7 battery or firing problem

if its a new battery, it'lll need charging longer as it wont be anywhere near fully charged in the time,leave it for an hour or so and see if it works, if not it'll be the contacts on the battery not toucing the ones on the gun properly , in that case but the Laylax battery connector for the tm mp7 and use normal mini type batterys that will solve your connection issues and give you longer battery life and faster trigger responce

Owner of DCS
    (Doom custom shooters)
    PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Thanks for the advice mate, possible upgrade is nice to know of! However I think your right it does seem to be the contacts not lining up right but how can that be if the battery is full in the correct position and nothing changed since it last worked really?

Also among looking at the gun I see there is a plastic lever from the selector switch to the top of the gearbox where there is an arm out of the gearbox for changing fire mode etc. I was thinking the lever should be easily moved by hand so I would be able to move it and fell it's 3 distinct lever positions but the arm is not moving at all. Should this arm be able to move as if it was, it's stuck in safety at the moment.

Sorry this is the first gearbox I have looked at I am very new to it all!
      sigpic

Comment

I am intrested as too how well these things fire, better or worse than TM?

Comment

possible not the best first gearbox to work on, but yeah thats a common problem with the battery and contacts not lining up, definatly sugegst getting the battery converter

Owner of DCS
          (Doom custom shooters)
          PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Originally posted by Orion1 View Post
            I am intrested as too how well these things fire, better or worse than TM?
            Help me get it working and I'll give you a colour video
            sigpic

Comment

with that connector would I need a peq box or something? I'm very new to this lol.
              sigpic

Comment

You would likely want a battery sling. But I believe you can get little pouches that hold a battery in it.

If you do decide to upgrade the battery- I wouldn't recommend anything more than a normal 8.4v mini battery... I have seen them run on LiPos (TM ones) but they won't last long!!

Am I correct that the Well R4 GBs are plastic? At least some of their internal parts? Might not be a brilliant idea to put it under more pressure if that is true.
                sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the advice but my true concern is getting it to run on what I have, there is no problem with the battery or fuse or gearbox its somewhere in the trigger/selector assembly. Else where on the internet I am following a disassembly guide of the tm and I'm trying to remove the tiny pins on the selector switch with no luck at all I don't want to push too hard as I don't know for sure the well is the same design here as it might just look like it is, can anyone confirm this as I already snapped the small one that has no use.
                  sigpic

Comment

I can confirm the Well R4 does come apart just like the TM.
                    Also I have found out my problem was some sort of non conducting grease on the fuse contacts and the metal contacts from the fuse were shorting out as the rear plate had moved out of position, just a wee tap from a screw driver and it was back in place working fine again.

The picture is not mine but shows the fuse plates on the selector switch for anyone elses reference.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by PLAYGOD; 15 February, 2012, 16:49. Reason: picture link
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PLAYGOD Find out more about PLAYGOD
                    Working...
                    X